SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are proposing a rally event limited to 60 cars and up to 30 drivers.

We will have virgin tracks so no one has any practice advantage. Each track results will be computer held and all tracks will be networked so results are easily calculated.

We will have 4 scratch built tracks and the tracks will be reversed at half time making 8 different circuits.

Each rally will take approx 2 minutes ie 3 or 4 circuits.

I'll look up the youtube video we made before.

let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
95 Posts
oxford would probably be game, provided its don't clash with anything else we have committed to.

Luke,

·
Registered
161 Posts
I will talk to the team and if you want 4 cars I am sure we can accommodate that.

The rules will be written by the club official and I hope to post them here soon.

No silicone tyres or tyre treatment allowed.

all 1/32 scale cars

I propose

1 2 wheel class cars must have a driver and a copilot.

2 4 wheel drive class

3 raid type cars

Please post your ideal rules so we can review what is wanted.

I forgot to mention that all tracks will be Ninco.

·
Registered
95 Posts
QUOTE (tifosi @ 26 Jul 2012, 22:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Why not just run to Slotrally GB rules?

Amen brother!

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Yes its the same event, I did not realise it had already been posted while I was sorting thing out on the website.

For your information the link to the website is Here

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Website looks good but you might want to centre it and keep it 800px wide. Look at many other sites, such as the BBC one, to see how good that looks.

The logo would be clearer created and uploaded to the site as a GIF or PNG, graphics when they are not actual photos don't 'play nice' on websites when they are JPEGS.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Thanks.

I've created the website for modern pc's which can run up to 1920 wide, the site auto scales down to the size the browser is running in allowing me to use the space if required.

The header is unfortunately just taken from a very old image so I could not scale it up to match the 1920 wide but again on lower resolution screens it will also scale down.

800x wide is a resolution that was standard well over 10 years ago, today the minimum screen runs 1280 wide to allow for either 1280x1024 4:3 or 1280x720 for HD

But thank you for the comments.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I am aware that 800 was the full width standard a long time ago, nowadays many sites use it so the website is centred and is smart-phone and tablet friendly.

I use two large screens with extended desktop on a very high resolution, but whilst I love that for many things very spread out websites are not one of them. Personal taste I know.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts