SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiall,
Just starting into slot rally,and would like to make a rally loop on my scaley sport track:
My question is, can one reverse the wires to one of the lanes on a sport power supply to run cars in continuous loop ?,
thanks
neil..

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
As long as you have only 1 controller connected to the PB and 1 powersupply, with the switch set as if you had 2 I'm sure it will be fine.

·
Registered
294 Posts
QUOTE (SplitRim @ 5 Feb 2012, 07:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As long as you have only 1 controller connected to the PB and 1 powersupply, with the switch set as if you had 2 I'm sure it will be fine.

This does work as I've run it.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
I've currently got a loop running with a mixture of Classic and Sport track with a Sport pb.

Need to tune my SCX proxy entry and get some practise for SlotRally GB at the end of Feb.

Timing is done with a '80s Scaley Think Tank which records down to 10ths, I just use the "Practise" mode and when I've passed the counter trackafet the number of laps I'm using, I hit the Total Race Time button it gives me an elapsed time for the lot. I can also see what the fastest lap time was to using another button on the Panel.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cooool, Firstly= good luck in both rallies, secondly= I can see the right loop is a mix of sport/classic ,but is the left hand loop just sport ????
would love to have a go at the proxy next year,I think I need to learn a bit more first??,ie- car set up ,weights, ect

thank mate

regards

neil

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
The left hand loop is either a Scalextric Hill Climb turn or an SCX Rally Loop, Ninco also do rally loops like these, the SCX Rally Loops AFAIK are only available in the SCX Rally Chrono pack, which is good but a bit expensive for what it is, loops can be made quite easily out of Sport track, I made some out of 6 Radius 2 bends, a crossover bend, a quarter straight and a half straight.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any pic????? Julian,yeh I saw the price of Chrono pack $150.00 AUD bit out of my price range,sooner spend on cars,
Might try cut/shut rad 1 or 2 bends ????,gotta be worth a go?
regards
neil

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
The loop at the lefthand side of the picture is indeed a Scaley PT73, although one of the radiused pieces is the outer half of a PT56.

At the other end are 2 PT51/C151 cut in half , 2 PT56/C156 and a PT58/C158 quarter straight, the last 3 need cutting in half to make it look better. Where the "Y" plugs into the straight I had to trimm the inner most edges of the two curves to get them to fit.

On the left of the picture you can see they crossover track which will take the car of the elongated "dogbone" and into the other twisty section.

As you can see if you've got a lot of curves its easy to chop them up to make this type of Loop.

The PT73 loop does come up from time to time on that well known auction site but go for around £30 + postage.

Simon

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I don't have a pic but you need to make two of the radius 2 bends into single lanes, then use the rest to join the rails together, from memory it's inside lane of radius two bend, into quarter straight, crossover bend, 4 x radius 2 bends, half straight and then inside lane of radius 2 bend. I've now got the Chrono so use that, it cost £50ish in the UK

1 - 12 of 12 Posts