SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Matt Tucker
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the little Chevrons are normally common as muck, but this little set is only being produced 600 times. Also I think this is only the 7thh ltd edition release of the GB track range of products, and its also a miniauto release - can I give you any more excuses to buy it!

The real reason for posting is I thought you'd like the pretty pic.

Matt

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
I think the term "Rare Chevrons" is a bit misleading. Both these cars have been released as single cars. Only the BOX is rare. I think the Blue one was released as a Miniauto special edition to mark some Madrid Toyshow or something. The yellow one was just an ordinary GB Track release.

M

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I bought the yellow and green one the other week from pendle's special offer to break down for parts for a kit conversion project. In the end, the prettiness of the car and the fact I found another chassis more suitable meant I kept the car as-is. I am dead chuffed to see it is more collectable now, and I hope Fly continues this policy of seeing which cars Astro already has and re-releasing them as collectors editions.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
We had this set in stock about 2 years ago (maybe more) when it was released as MA01 Ltd Ed set. I detect some more Fly subterfuge, giving old stock a new number in the hope that people are too stupid to realise. The Lancia Beta SE01 car is another con.

If you start quoting numbers, please back up your info, does this mean there are a further 600 sets produced ? Or just 600 sets left over from the original release ?

Glad to see some people have bought a lot in the hope of selling them as a new release. We sold out except 1 set a long time ago. Doing my sums, we sold about a dozen, Sean has 6, so that makes only 582 in stock at SlotCity ?

·
Registered
549 Posts
QUOTE We had this set in stock about 2 years ago (maybe more) when it was released as MA01 Ltd Ed set. I detect some more Fly subterfuge, giving old stock a new number in the hope that people are too stupid to realise.

Sorry Gary, there was no question of people being stupid. The few of these sets that have emerged onto the market place were a few left at Fly that we did not have a number for when they arrived here, so Fly called them EGB13. Since the box lid clearly states what it is and WHAT YEAR IT WAS MADE there was no attempt at decieving the slot car buyer.

QUOTE The Lancia Beta SE01 car is another con.
Sorry Gary, wrong again. The SE01 Lancia Beta Montecarlo was brought out in 2002 for the World Cup. The car you are referring to is the SE04 which is the same car with a minor tampo change but in the SE01 box, and in that case I agree with you and I have expressed my disappointment to Fly. They know they screwed up with this one, and I don't think we will see any similar future incidents.

QUOTE If you start quoting numbers, please back up your info, does this mean there are a further 600 sets produced ? Or just 600 sets left over from the original release ?
The number released is in the lid of the box! It says 2002 as year of release and 600 were indeed manufactured. If it has been released as a limited number, it will not be re-produced as exactly the same with a new set of numbers. Fly have done some questionable things in the past, but never that so your comments are somewhat unjustified.

Just noticed the time you posted Gary - you know that when you get to your age you should be having early nights and a cup of cocoa!

Aaron

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Cocoa ???

Several glasses of a decent red more like !!

And I haven't started yet at this time of day..........

(Looking for the icon that says 'hic...')

1 - 15 of 15 Posts