SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Nice motor Edo ! Looks great in the box , but will it stay in the box for long? Wow Joel , did you race over to Japan , and buy out the entire stock of these motors ? Now I know why they are so rare - Joel has them all !!! Nice collection Joel . I have all the Champion motors , so if performance is similar to the 607 , it must be quick ! Zig

·
Slot King
2,647 Posts
Edo, please, do forgive me , I was just showing off. But, as you may have guessed, I am rather pleased with myself, (At least I didn't show the other 6 I got shortly after).

QUOTE (Edo @ 21 May 2012, 21:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>and anyway you do'nt have the box
But only because I didn't bother buying the one with the box (or the other one in the yellow packet).

Joel

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Gee Joel

We thought We were the only one in the known universe who had one.

Ok you're forgiven 'cause you're a show off: it takes one to recognize another!

PS To those gentlemen who welcomed Us back: thanks but now brace yourselves, the Thingie Forum won't be the same!

The Renaissance is coming and you all have to work hard to make the forum like it once was!

Or else!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
i didn,t know these old motors were so quick, i knew the home rewinds were. the factory wind on this motor looks pretty bad, its certainly not wound on any machine. it looks more like one of my rewinds, but i can keep it a bit neater than that. john

·
Slot King
2,647 Posts
Phew! I think I have escaped defesnestration (but only because I live on the ground floor)

Seriously, although these are indeed very rare in the West, I believe they were used extensively for racing in Japan (late 70s early 80s), presumably after Mabuchi dumped their unsold stock there.

Joel

PS: These are not mine (honest).
PPS: The same seller had a boxed 270S for sale too
PPPS: They also do nice little adaptors to fit 270S in the Tamiya sidewinder chassis.

·
Doilum
975 Posts
QUOTE (Edo @ 22 May 2012, 07:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>PS To those gentlemen who welcomed Us back: thanks but now brace yourselves, the Thingie Forum won't be the same!

The Renaissance is coming and you all have to work hard to make the forum like it once was!

Or else!

I must admit to having strayed Sire, (also was having an Ontlogical crisis re slot cars leading to my recent absence from SF). Will endeavour to attend both fora henceforth.

Humbly
Al.

PS, nice motor.

·
Registered
658 Posts
QUOTE (Edo @ 22 May 2012, 00:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...PS To those gentlemen who welcomed Us back: thanks but now brace yourselves, the Thingie Forum won't be the same!

Or else!
OK...I'll dust off my soldering iron...soon.

cheers,
Bob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts