SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
David Moss
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I've been away for a looong time but it's got to the point where I need to get intouch with some of the good people of this forum.

For those who have no idea what I'm going on about, here is a link to my ancient thread.
Old Ravenscroft thread

Since numerous other things but including moving house and getting married I have to start building the track from scratch after I have managed to board out the attic and make it a usable space. It will mean I have a slightly larger area to work with but I still plan on keeping pretty much the same track as I never got to complete the original in digital form and make improvements to the original construction.
Automotive lighting Rectangle Font Automotive exterior Auto part

I have yet to put digital chips into the Sidecars but I have finished the repaints (a few years ago).
My Scalextric Sidecar repaints video

I have two choices for the Minis. A simple, more original style, or a more modern, complex design. (7 cars as I have a step daughter now and what her to have her very own car)

Simple:

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Complex:
Car Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Automotive lighting White

And I am working on the old Porsche 911 liveries.
Car Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

For guests/beginners I will buy 2 or 3 old Ford XR3is and have my own Ravenscroft Race Driving School, so the ones I have repainted don't get wrecked straight away.
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Wheel

Once I have the Sidecars (magged), Minis (non-magged), Porsches (non-magged, full lights) and Racing School (non-magged) cars all done, I want to get 6 old Scalextric Metros and make them into 4 wheel drive (non-magged). So all the race classes will give rather different handling performances.

I need to get in touch with Mr Modifier about getting hold of a batch of SureChange guide blades and Riko Rocket for a APB USB cable. It will take another eternity for me to get to boarding the attic but I will be slowly working on geting the cars repainted and chipped, ready for when I have the track built as I can do this just sat at my desk.

Hope this is an interesting read for you all and a blast from the past for some old school folks still around here.

·
ParrotGod
9,879 Posts
Interesting layout and nice sets of cars.
One thing you want to consider is that taking the pitlane is going to be an unfair shortcut even with a reduced pitlane speed.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Good to see you again! I recognized the name and love the new track design! Congrats on the marriage and I hope you're well!

Reactions: bacardibeast

·
David Moss
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting layout and nice sets of cars.
One thing you want to consider is that taking the pitlane is going to be an unfair shortcut even with a reduced pitlane speed.
Being rather 'Old Skool', if anyone is smart enough to figure that out, I'll just give them a clip around the back of the head. Problem solved. 😁

·
ParrotGod
9,879 Posts
Hahahah, fair enough!

·
David Moss
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The last few days I've been up in the attic getting it somewhat ready and measuring it up for beams to support a storage floor, which means I have got proper measurements. It's larger that I thought! The long side is 28 1/2ft long so another slight redesign. :D
Bumper Font Automotive exterior Technology Display device

Also a long term goal would be to add 6 of the old Super Stox cars so I quickly came up with graphics for them based on the 2 original names and 1 (Bounty Hunter) from a prototype shot I found.
Black Sleeve Font T-shirt Graphics

Fender Bender, Stick Shifter, Bounty Hunter, Metal Mayhem, Gear Jammer, Crash Addict.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts