SlotForum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
David Moss
472 Posts
Right folks, most of you regulars will know I love the BTCC Super Tourers for the late 90's.
I'm slowly working my way through the cars and am currently working on a Carina E and Primera.
But just to show you who and what are involed in my fantasy race series, here's the list.

Gabriele Tarquini, Giampiero Simoni - Alfa Romeo 155

Yvan Muller, John Bintcliffe - Audi A4

Jo Winkelhock, Steve Soper - BMW 320i

James Thompson, Peter Kox - Honda Accord

Will Hoy, Craig Baird - Ford Mondeo

David Leslie, Laurent Aiello - Nissan Primera

Tim Harvey, Paul Radisich - Peugeot 406

Alain Menu, Jason Plato - Renault Laguna

Julian Bailey, Tim Sugden - Toyota Carina E

John Cleland, Derek Warwick - Vauxhall Vectra

Rickard Rydell, Gianni Morbidelli - Volvo S40

And the Independant Drivers:

Matt Neal - Nissan Primera

Tommy Rustad - Renault Laguna

Roger Moen - Honda Accord

Well, there you have it. My dream racing series. OK, so I'm missing a few Independants and one REALLY annoying works driver (all guesses are welcome, but no prizes. OK, an invite to race on my track when it's finished). Hope you enjoyed my little(?) show and tell. Sorry, mods, for a long post, but we do all love looking at pictures of fast cars.

Bacardibeast

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
55 Alfa was done by Ninco early on.
Audi A4 was done by Scalextric, one of two tuner cars they made, forget the name now (it is late sorry)
Masterfit Vauxhal was also a Scalextric release (or was it an earlier car version?)

·
David Moss
472 Posts
Ulli Sorry, SCX did an 850 and have just produced an S60. I've got the 850 and will soon be after an S60 to relivery (it's as close as I'm going to get).

rallyred Biela was good, very good. But I just loved the way Muller could handle the most lurid slides, offs and tank slappers and still get back on track, with little time lost (that'll be the Ice driving he did!).

Swissracer Right, here's the list I know of:
- Scalextric did the Alfa, Audi (standard and Pro tuner), BMW, Ford, Renault, Vauxhall (standard and Pro tuner) and the Privateer Laguna.
- SCX did the Peugeot, Volvo 850 and now the S60 and a WTCC Honda (that will arrive later this year and get a relivery).
- Tean Slot did a Nissan in Resin but it's very hard to find (and mine is about to get a relivery to BTCC).
- As for the Toyota, I'm reliverying an SCX Peugeot. The body shape is so close, it'll do for me.

As for any others close to that era, well I'm not that fond of the Mazda Xedos, MG, or Lexus and Seat were to late.

Cheers for the interst in my little endulgence,
Bacardibeast

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
As indulgencies go, this isn't a bad one

Great cars and brilliant driver - it really was the hey-day of the BTCC, wasn't it? Are the decals available for the liveries or are you making your own? It'll be good to see your grid when they're all ready to go

cheers,

Rob

PS: You could always build the Biela's Audi as well...

·
Ewan McKen
1,448 Posts
QUOTE (bacardibeast @ 2 Mar 2007, 22:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will Hoy, Craig Baird - Ford Mondeo

When I 'Reid' what it says in the window it makes me think it is not Hoy or Baird.

Regards,
Ewan.

·
David Moss
472 Posts
Sorry for the delay on replying (to my own thread!!!).

Taxi I'm going to have to invest in a printer and some decal paper. I think that should answer one question. As for Biela's Audi, one day. Along with Mansells's guest drive and Rustad's guest drive in a works Renault. As time goes on I might consider getting the full grid, of both works drives (just for show), but that will be a long way of yet.

ewanmcken Congratulations
. You win the invite to Ravenscroft! But please don't get me started on why I can't stand him.

As for progress, well I've almost finished fitting a Scaly Mondeo chassic to the Peugeot and I'm about to undercoat the Toyota. The track has been mainly ripped up becasue the overpass section was bloody awful! It's being raised about 3-4 more inches up and I can now add in the lights (a discount set of Christmas lights). I'm also now working on the Pit garages, before I re-secure the overpass. The works teams all have a single openning, but the Privateers will have to work somewhere else. I've had enough trouble fitting in the 11 works garages so that'll do for me. Still, at least it will give me somewhere to show of my BTCC tourers when I'm racing the cheap stuff with my 'non-slotter' friends. (Thinks - Could I electrify the pit lane and cars so the idiots don't touch them?)

I will post pics of the work to date when I have re-done the overpass on my Construction Thread.

Cheers all,
BacardiBeast

·
David Moss
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some people rave about the racing chassis under the body, but I'm not keen on them. The only thing I had problems with was the pin joining the guide blade to the directional steering. My solution: mounted the body on a cut down Scaley Mondeo chassic. The benefit of this is that the Pug now has lights. But I have happily run the original chassic for over 2yrs now.

Hope that helps,
BaccardiBeast

·
Tore
1,861 Posts
I love these cars too :)

Nice link to 1:1 pics: www.supertouring.co.uk

Some of my cars:

The Scalex Audi and Alfa looks sexy with Calibra DTM wheels

Btw: I really like the SRS2 chassis on the SCX Volvo 850 and Pug, but the rear axle, and wheels have the usual SCX "quality" so it means a bit of tweaking to get them to run great, And I really enjoy watching the Volvo comming hard out of a corner on two or three wheels
And its also nice to see the steering frontwheels

·
Registered
261 Posts
I bought one of those body shells that you cut the windows out with a knife and fit your own chassis. it was the Volvo 850 Estate! I think Volvo were than only team to run an estate. I was going to canabalise an SCX 850 but when I left the project half finished a club member bought it off me. Did anyone make this model up? Could they post a pic?
I wish someone would make the old TWR Jaguar tourer, How about it Scalextric.

·
David Moss
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
356speedster I've seen your work with the DTM wheels before. They really add to the look of the Tourers!
I'd do the same but the 4 old DTM cars I've got are for beginners on my track, they're pretty indistuctable. And I can't really afford 11 new cars just to nick there wheels!

Thatcedric The Estate was a real site to see, going pass at 'Hell for leather' speed! I Always say they used it as you couldn't pass it if it power slid through the corners
. But it was one hell of a marketing ploy. It was still better than seeing these suedo 'people carrier' going round the track.

Cheers,
BacardiBeast

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Thats an Ambitous project..........well worth it I'd say. They make a nice looking field!!

Lottsa work to get there, but "There" should be pretty satisfying

The Question though is What else will be on the weekend ticket (whats next?) Vintage Perhaps to fill out the weekend Show

·
David Moss
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, the support races are already sorted:

Vintage 911's and Mini Clubman's

Followed by a Sidecar race. (The Metro's have been sold now.)

That should make for a full weekends racing (with very different driving styles!).

Cheers,
BacardiBeast

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.