SlotForum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RC Driver Magazine - Slot Car Review

The Slot Car hobby got some nice exposure in the September issue of RC Driver magazine. On page 126 they did a review of the Ninco GT Max slot car set. The article is only a few pages long, but is well written has includes some nice pictures.

The article is not available on their web site (http://www.rcdriver.com/) so you may want to stop by you local newsstand or hobby store that carries RC magazines and check out the article.

Maybe with some well written letters to the editor of RC Driver expressing our interest with this article, maybe they will do a few more on slot cars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I wrote a letter to the editor of RC Driver magazine stating my interest and commented on their article / review of slot cars in their September issue. I also inquired if more articles would be forthcoming.

Well to my surprise, my letter showed up in the "Editor's Inbox" section on page 18 of their October issue. In their reply to me they wrote:

"…It's a very good possibility that we'll be visiting slot cars in the future since they're somewhat related to RC cars. It won't become a regular segment but will be a fun feature now and then."

Just thought I would pass on the extra exposure RC Driver magazine has given to the slot car hobby.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
"A few pages" sounds quite generous.
There is a fair amount of overlap between the two hobby/sports and RC cars certainly come up in slot discussions quite regularly, so it's good to see them returning the compliment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts