SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been helping our local shop construct this we've finished framing up the benchwork, and covered everything in an indoor outdoor carpet. The bench is a 16'x16' l, with provisions to tack a LOT more on at a later date.

here's the track as it stands today. The bridge is something I scratch built, and while not perfect by any means, is a really cool feature. Each side of the table has a modified telephone jack that the controller plugs into(only mod is moving a pin over), meaning that each of six sides is a driving station.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pics I'm working on, there's some video of it floating around.

The bridge was built with 2x2 pine board, 1/4" cable, and some thin gauge wire I stripped out of the same stuff we wired the remote controller jacks with! It needs to be anchored better, it's bowing at the moment, I strung it tighter than I planned to. I want to detail it a bit more, paint the cables and maybe add four more vertical stringers

I had actually never heard of white lake, but damn that's nice! I want to start a home layout, I dunno if it will be based on scx or not, with routed track that's done like that one, with the proper scenery. This track is going to be a club layout/shop layout that changes every few weeks, so we have to keep it changeable!

btw, They're located in Beaumont Texas. I think it's 5$ to run all day on the track with your own car, If yall are in the area you should come check it out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts