SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
15,707 Posts
On the oXigen SCP controller, pressing both the up and down buttons will make the car change lanes regardless of the direction of the upcoming lane changer. Since the ARC controller only has one LC button, I wonder if they chose to have it send the same "both buttons pressed" signal, to ensure that the car will change lanes as requested. I must assume this would cause some confusion with RCS02.

·
Greg Gaub
15,707 Posts
Does that mean that they can set the software to assume that both bits being set always means up, and brake means down, and brake/LC means enter? How would that effect the use of the SCP controller? Will the SCP then also require the brake and an arrow button to function as enter? Or, maybe the ARC Pro is simply limited to scrolling one direction, and the user will need to use it like we did with SSD?

·
Greg Gaub
15,707 Posts
It sounds like, because the ARC Pro will set Up/Down (R/L, whatever) LC bits at the same time when it's singular LC button is pressed, while the SCP is practically unable to set both LC bits at the same time, It should be possible to differentiate which type of controller is being used and act accordingly. If RCS can be programmed to do the following:

If LCUp and LCDown bits are set at the same time, then scroll up (or down, this is the ARC Pro condition).

If LCUp is set by itself, scroll up.

If LCDown is set by itself, scroll down.

Brake button is Enter in all cases.

For track call, you could set it to react to Brakes+LCDown (for SCP), and/or Brakes+LCUD (up and down for ARC Pro).

·
Greg Gaub
15,707 Posts
What button settings could you use and still maintain full functionality? If you set LC to be LC Up, and brake to be LC Down, then you've got no brake. LC on the ARC controller pretty much has to be UP+Down or else you either can't change lanes all the time, or have no ability to confirm a pit lane selection. The only solution I can see will be one in which RCS determines the action based on the available button press options.

Or I'm completely missing something important to understand this correctly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts