SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, the (looooong) wait is over! We are proud to announce the release of RCS O2, the first RMS for a digital slot race system with extended simulation features. We thank all that helped us in the background and of course Slot IT. We feel we got the most out of the current firmware and visibilty limitations. At the same time a side note I have to say that forums and social media aren't always a fun place to stay and is one of the reasons one of the RCS team members has taken a step back, I felt I had to mention this.

But back on a positive note I can tell you that we definitely look at the future but first want you to enjoy this release of RCSO2.

Some of the Features;

- 8 car team racing with up to 6 drivers per team and driver change in pit

- Simulation features:

--> Fuel Load

-->Tyre Wear (Hard&Soft with different characteristics)

--> Damage

- Manual and Auto Track call

- Stop and Go/Drive thorugh penalties, yellow flag option

- Advanced Pit Menu System

- 8 car dashboard

- Marshall screen

- Individual car sounds, background sounds etc,

- Car database with individual power and fuel settings

- Practice, Qualify and Race events (GP and endurance)

- Test environment

- Result screen with fuel and tyre predicitions

And a lot more!

Download available at www.rcs64.com

Manual also available!

Happy racing!

Marcel, team RCS

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We take it step by step. Better good near perfect for 8 than full simulations for 20 cars without the ability to test really good. In this way we take a modular approach. We prefer a good and tested release over something rushed and half finished.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have fun Dr.C
The release has been more than a month now with no big issues reported so happy so far. Didn't test with ARC pro controllers myself but in theory should work. For navigating in the menu's pre and during race we use O2 functionality of LC up and down, with Arc controllers there is only one way to scroll but should work, if not we have to ask Slot It to have a look at arc pro controller FW.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am not sure if I follow what is being said, but talking from the RCS point of view it is like this:

When entering pit lane, pit menu opens and when car stops, you can scroll through the available options with LC up or down. Confirm(Enter ) with brake button. The scrolling follows the direction of the LC, either up or down so both LC at once will confuse RCS.

Than when out of pit and racing we have an option for manual track call, either both LC buttons pressed at once or Brake button pressed. So with an ARC Pro I would set RCS to Brake button for track call.

But as I understand, with the app we can set the buttons to what we like so 1 for brake and 1 for LC would be perfect.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yes well but it would be a lot easier to set arc buttons how you want and keep RCS as it is. I finally got myself an arc controller so I can test and communicate with Slot It.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
We are discussing this with Slot It, so yes I think it will be solved, needs a small update in controller firmware.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hi, you can clear the trackcall from the controller by either pressing lc up and down simultaneously or round brake button depending on manual call setting.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Thank you! You need to press brake 2 seconds before track call occurs when set to this button.
Have you seen the marshall screen too? Very helpfull.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Thank you Maurizio! This is a great improvement. Now users can use theitr Arc pro controllers to use RCSO2 and the pitstop menu as well as pre race start screen. Great job, great cooperation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts