SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
15,386 Posts
What button settings could you use and still maintain full functionality? If you set LC to be LC Up, and brake to be LC Down, then you've got no brake. LC on the ARC controller pretty much has to be UP+Down or else you either can't change lanes all the time, or have no ability to confirm a pit lane selection. The only solution I can see will be one in which RCS determines the action based on the available button press options.

Or I'm completely missing something important to understand this correctly.

·
Vendor
2,981 Posts
Such a differentiation would not be reliable I'm afraid. The 'race' transitional condition between the bits is temporary and totally random, depending mostly by the user's dexterity, mechanics, and sampling interval. It cannot be counted on.

HOWEVER... it came to my mind that in our protocol, there's a header that says whether the controller is a SCP2, SCP3, or ARC PRO controller.

I'm not sure whether this information is relied to the PC from the dongle already

Therefore, RCS02 may differentiate between the two, and a different approach uses for ARC PRO.

So for SCP, Up is Up, Down is Down, Brake is Enter.

For example:

1 - LC - Scroll UP. Brake - Scroll down. If trigger is pressed fully within, say, 1" after either button is released, take it as 'enter'. Or

2 - LC - UP. Brake - Down. If you keep a button pressed and you press the other as well, that's 'Enter'

·
ParrotGod
9,349 Posts
I do not think that you need to change much in RCSO2 to work with the arc controllers.

You just need to check the status of the car.

If the car is in racing mode (meaning has not entered the pitlane) then the press of the LC, which set the two bits to 11, is a track call.

if the car is in pit mode (entered the pitlane/entered the pit menu) then the press of the lc should be interpreted as 10 (LC UP) or 01 (LC DW).

·
Registered
97 Posts
How about when pressing the up button during a pitstop the menu wraps around instead of stopping at the button or top? Then having only one button to scroll up doesn't matter as you just keep scrolling until you see your option again as it rolls back into view?

·
Registered
106 Posts
So in the end even I has loaded down this system to give it a try.
Completely new to digital racing I am learning it step by step.
I have a Ninco track converted to Slotit Oxigen with Stotit controllers.
I have read the manual and it is very much to take in, and maybe I have missed something.

I have one question. When a car deslots and you have a trackcall.
Is the only way to get - track is clear - to go via the laptop and clear it or is it possible to get
- track is clear - via the controller in some way?
I hope you understand what I mean.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
I haven't used RCS02 enough to know this off the top of my head without testing, however with RCS64 you can clear the Track Call by each driver pressing their Brake button signalling they are ready or using the PC keyboard to clear it all at once. Hope this assists.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I haven't used RCS02 enough to know this off the top of my head without testing, however with RCS64 you can clear the Track Call by each driver pressing their Brake button signalling they are ready or using the PC keyboard to clear it all at once. Hope this assists.
So far I have only tested it myself and I have tried everything with the controller but nothing
clears the track. I have to go to the laptop and clear the track

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi, you can clear the trackcall from the controller by either pressing lc up and down simultaneously or round brake button depending on manual call setting.
Thankyou for helping. Just tried this and when pressing simultaneosly on lc up and down it worked.
I allso noted that it was enough with one controller to clear. (The one that desloted)
I never got it to work with brake button. What setting should be used to make it work with
brake button?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Now I have tried the BRAKE setting, but it didnt change anything.
To clear track call I still have to push both LC buttons simultaneosly.
If I push brake button the car brakes.

I noticed something on the keyboard when I changed from XLC to BRAKE setting.
XLC was marked with a blue dot. That blue dot disapeared when changing to BRAKE.

All in all I am very happy with the RCS o2 and you have done a fantastic job to create this system.

I can live with pressing two buttons instead of one

21 - 40 of 46 Posts