SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
As many of you may already know, team RCS64, the creators of the Race Management System with simulation features for Scalextric Sport Digital has started development for Slot IT's digital system, oXygen.
To prevent misunderstanding, from now on if we talk about RCS64 we mean SSD, and for oXygen we wil refer to as RCSO2 for the RMS software. A new logo will be here soon.

About 2 years ago we started thinking about supporting oXygen. Until today we have very good communication with Slot IT (Maurizio/Cristian) and we have the feeling we are working on something very special, with lots of potential for the future.

So, what is the status ?

Martin has developed already a version we start testing with as we speak.

Here are some screens;
The Main screen;

Controller/Driver set up;

Event planner;

In race;

Marshall/main dashboard/live timing screen;

We are working on implementing the simulation features as we know them from RCS64, like tyre wear, weather and damage.
Besides that, you are able to work with teams and drivers. And another nice feature is the live timing sreen on a separate monitor, like we know from 1:1 events like Le Mans and F1. It is all work in progress, but great fun working on this project.

Stay tuned.
Martin and Marcel
team RCS

·
Gary Skipp
6,536 Posts
This looks very exciting
The timing screen is a great idea.

Would you consider, if it is possible, having the colours on the timing screen match up to FIA convention?

Yellow / white - current / last time (alternates)
Purple - Best
Green - Personal best

It would also be cool if you could have 'IN PIT' instead of last lap time when the car is in pitlane mode

Reference resource;
http://formula1.about.com/od/resourcesande...ss/f1timing.htm

·
ParrotGod
9,292 Posts
Looks really great! So are you guys going to distribute a beta version to your testers? ;-)

As for the controller/driver window setup, I can see that you are using now "Team Name" instead of "Driver Name".
I would say that this is ok for large events but in "normal" club racing using oXigen I would assume that individual racing will be more common.
Maybe in the main page you want to have an option to enable team racing or individual racing. When the team racing is enabled, a new tab Team should be enabled where one can manage teams (like create/delete/update team names) and associate drivers to a giving team.

Also, and this is important in some competitions, it is often interesting to regulate the stints within a team.
To change driver for a stint, the pit menu could have an option where it is possible to select the driver (among the ones in the team) that is going to run the next stint.
Of course, the team and driver name should be displayed on the dashboard as well during racing.

·
ParrotGod
9,292 Posts
Excellent. This combination of RCS software with the oXigen system is going to be one of the most compelling digital systems out there.

·
ParrotGod
9,292 Posts
To be honest I see RCSO2 as complete different product compared to RCS64 not an upgrade version of it.
It will be installed on my track PC along with RCS64 (that I will use for running SSD races) and Chrono.

·
Greg Gaub
15,365 Posts
I would expect a new license for this software as well. Although it shares features with RCS64, it's a complete overhaul and redesign for the oXigen system.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Hi Gio,

It will be additional hardware, we don't have the skills in-house to make it work reliable on a phone or tablet. Several people have offered help but it hasn't led to something yet. For the additional hardware we have someone dedicated working on this, and if/when we release It, we will be 100% sure it works.

·
ParrotGod
9,292 Posts
Hi Marcel
I do not want to sound too negative but do you think that many people will buy this when everyone carries a nice display in their pocket?
The idea is nice but I am quite skeptical that it will fly unless these screens are dirty cheap: I mean really cheap like $20 per unit.
we will see....

1 - 20 of 331 Posts