SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
16,603 Posts
I would expect a new license for this software as well. Although it shares features with RCS64, it's a complete overhaul and redesign for the oXigen system.

·
Greg Gaub
16,603 Posts
I can tell from experience that it is legible. You can read while refuelling for example. The pit menu opens as soon as you enter pit. We found it very important to have it clear that you are in pit (so lighter color) and what your pit action is. You really have to use it a couple of times to see it works.
If it looks like the screenshot I was responding to, then I respectfully disagree. Just because it can be made out upon close inspection, does not make it appropriate for this use case.
To be clear, I'm referring to the text around the pit action text, not the pit action itself. E.G. the driver name that has very low contrast with the yellow stripes on the asphalt. If the stripe were not present in that asphalt image, then it would at least be ok, if not optimal. Slightly darker would still be preferred, to increase contrast against white lettering on a light background. Making the image user configurable as an image or color would be optimal.

·
Greg Gaub
16,603 Posts
... and, rather than trying to come up with a way to select a used set, just have the system automatically install the least worn set from any stored set. So, if you pull in and still have fresh sets, you get a fresh set, but if you pull in and have used all your fresh sets, then you get the set with the most life remaining. :)

·
Greg Gaub
16,603 Posts
sounds more like the hall sensor has moved out of place. If you don't do anything other than install the older firmware that worked, does it work, or still have problems?

·
Greg Gaub
16,603 Posts
Ah, so the car is reporting it detected the magnet to the controller reliably but it's not triggering in the computer? Yeah, that's probably a firmware issue. If you could narrow down when it happens, such as with specific settings for RCS or specific sequence of events, so that it can be repeated, then I'm sure it can be more easily rectified by slot.it and/or RCS02.

·
Greg Gaub
16,603 Posts
I was thinking it was so that "Bob" could be "ID 4" and so on, so whenever he's racing, he doesn't have to pair to different ID numbers just to accommodate the race management setup. I'd like to do the same when (if) DRAWW starts racing oXigen. It's always been an accepted annoyance of systems limited to 6 cars, but with a system that can do 20, it's unlikely we'll ever have more members than that at once, so we can all use our chosen/assigned ID in perpetuity.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts