SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello. There will be new updates with weather changes?
Sorry for the lack of updates with regards to RCSO2 lately. We have done a lot of work to improve the Slot IT Bootloader, and in parallel work on the touch screens (individual dashboards) and also rewriting RCSO2 for making it a worthy replacement for Chrono as default software for oXigen, with the option to use it as Chrono, but of course also the added value of RCS simulation features if you desire. It is such a major task that it takes us longer than we want. But we will get there and in the mean time nothing wrong with using Chrono or our current RCSO2 with tyre and fuel simulation for 8 cars, available on our website! Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks Gio, could not have said it better. And I must admit the same, we are having so much fun with RCSO2 too. Yes I do miss the weather simulation and some other functionality from RCS64, but the improved control with oxigen controllers/cars over SSD makes so much good.

And of course the fact that I know one day we will have weather for oXigen too, and other plans in the pipeline. It is a long way ahead, but luckily we can enjoy RCS as it is now and for sure will only get better in the future.
Hello again. I have observed that when I do repairs or change tires, I can exit the pitbox without having finished the process and it is still out of the pitbox. The same does not happen with fuel. When I exit the pitbox the fuel fill is cut off. Why is this happening to me? With repairs and wheel changes, you should not be able to get out of the pitbox until the process is complete.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Because there is no other way to program this because we want the driver to choose, not the software.
If you want splash and dash, and not fill your tank completely full, you give throttle and drive away.

With tyres, if you do that before countdown stopped, you dont have new tyres-like in real life. So you really have to look what you are doing.

Personally I set it so that fuel and tyres can be done in parallel, I start my fuel and scroll to tyres to change. This is usually finished before tank is full. If not, you should wait and don't touch throttle.
Since we allow the driver to choose to go when he wants, mainly for fuel purpose, the driver should pay attention. There is a sound when tyre change is finished. A pit stop done correctly can make or brake your race, when doing this in a group make sure everybody knows how it is working.
Have a play with refuel speed and tyre changes duration to see what suits you or your race best.
I don't know if you understand me. I say that when I change tires or make repairs I can leave the pitbox before the time to change the tires or finish the repair and yet outside the pit box it continues to repair the damage and changes the tires. It shouldn't be like that. The software should override the tire repair and change if you go out before the pit box.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just tested it and works fine at my track. When tyre change or repair is ongoing, I can not drive until both of them finished.Tested in endurance with tyres, fuel and damage on. Parallel fuel allowed.

Edit: which version do you use?
I will try again this weekend to see what happens. I have everything up to date with the latest firmware. My pitbox is in another area of the start / finish line but I don't think it's for that reason. The version I am using is V1.0.0.39
However congratulations on the software. All the factors that you have included give it realism and a lot of fun. I like it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I tested on v39 last night and was not able to leave the pit lane until tire change was completed.
Hello. I have done tests. It works well. The problem comes when you enter to the pit box with a yellow flag. In this situation, it does come out of the pit box while you are changing tires or repairing if you pull the trigger. And another question, should the software count laps when you run out of fuel?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I believe we programmed that in all cases (out of fuel, tyre, damage) it stops counting after 3 laps.
About no speed at zero damage, check your safe speed car setting in the car setup.
Hello Minardi. You are right. If you don't load fuel in three laps it doesn't count.
I have spent many hours of testing and I think that the fact that the car does not lock while repairing or changing wheels is due to the PA that I have installed in my SCP3. I have tried all my remotes controls, with my ARC Air pro too, and in all, the car is blocked with the exception of the yellow flag. If you enter in pit box with a yellow flag, and do a tire change or repair, the car does not lock and you can go out with the change of wheels or repair being carried out.
My conclusion is that it only fails when you change wheels and repair with a yellow flag and when you have the PA module installed in an SCP3 controller. In all other situations the car locks up and does not pit box come out until the operation is done. Note: I have the PA firmware with the latest update.

·
Registered
47 Posts
One more thing to check: the min lap time is not working on our system. Currently I am still on RCSO2 V1.0.0.35 (somehow I missed that there is a new version) and min lap time set to 5 sec. However during practice, qualify and race we have seen times way below the 5 sec mark being recorded by RCS as legitimate lap times.
Jaiapa could you please test this in your installation?
Hello Grunz. I have checked it on my track and it does not work well for me either. I have a minimum of 10 seconds and I simulate laps of 3-4 seconds and the RMS counts them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts