SlotForum banner
181 - 200 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have now been using RCS02 since february on my small track. And of course there is small bugs. It is software
smile.png
But I must say that it is working quite good. I have not been hit by major issues when using a SCP2 controller from Slot.it. Using RCS02 with a ArcPro controller (not the newest firmware) had some issues.

But my overall experience is really good.

My question is:

Is there any way that you can see you old races - best lap time etc. ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I downloaded the demo version of RCS 02.

The software finds the dongle (v. 3.10) immediately but, when I choose the "TEST" tab, it does not detect anything ...
I have read the manual and have not found an answer to my problem.

Can you help me ?
Problem solved.

USB dongle must be updated with firmware 3.11 (required for RCS 02 and slot.it CHRONO) to work with SCP-3 !!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Problem solved.

USB dongle must be updated with firmware 3.11 (required for RCS 02 and slot.it CHRONO) to work with SCP-3 !!!!
@Jump

• Thanks for this update.
  • I have a SCP3 controller with the SCP301b Oxygen RF power amplifier installed, and my USB dongle are running with firmware 3.11. And I not able to get the SCP3 controller to work with RCS02(Use the brake button to start the race, use the up/down button in the pit menu etc.). So problem look like, that the SCP3 SCP301b Oxygen RF power amplifier firmware have a problem with RCS02.

·
ParrotGod
11,545 Posts
I would like to give a shout out to the RCSO2 team: the software is great and make oxigen racing even more enjoyable.

We have done racing with Chrono in the past but it was always difficult to follow what was going on during the race.

Do not get me wrong, for what it is It is a great software and has successfully supported many large events.

But for shortish racing with single driver teams it is is a bit of a struggle.

With RCSO2, even with tyre and fuel simulations on, every bit of info is available and it is possible to implement a winning strategy: the fastest car is not always the winning one ;-)

Well done team.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would like to give a shout out to the RCSO2 team: the software is great and make oxigen racing even more enjoyable.

We have done racing with Chrono in the past but it was always difficult to follow what was going on during the race.

Do not get me wrong, for what it is It is a great software and has successfully supported many large events.

But for shortish racing with single driver teams it is is a bit of a struggle.

With RCSO2, even with tyre and fuel simulations on, every bit of info is available and it is possible to implement a winning strategy: the fastest car is not always the winning one ;-)

Well done team.
I'm looking for the best software that will offer a good compromise between ease of use and features

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Well thank you Gio! Following our email conversations we know there are small improvements to be made to make it better than it already is, mainly in the part of extra sounds or different colors. Of course I am biased but we have been using this version for quite some time now and strategy is definitely a factor, we had many tight races decided on better strategy. @jump, Just try the 30 day trial period to see if it works for you. For RCSO2 we have really tried to make the set up as easy as possible and still make all features accessible and understandable what they do.
The RCS team is now first focusing on touch screen support, after that we can look further again, enough to do but the base is right.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi

Just a small update regarding my SCP3 controller problem and RCS02 software.

Today I removed the amplifier from my SCP3 controller, and using the newest firmware from Slot.it to the SCP3 controller.

And without the amplifier the SCP3 controller was working without any problems with the RCS02 software. I could start the race using the brake button, move around in the pit menu without any problems.
banana.gif
banana.gif

So the problem must be related to the amplifier inside the SCP3 controller.

Lets hope that Slot.it will find a solution on this issue, but know I think that Slot.it know where to look.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Great news Maurizio! This was one thing Mark in Chicago was having trouble with, and I've let him know to be ready. Not sure we're ready for a race weekend yet, but soon. Had a ball with RCS02 when we last played in February, so will be great to see how everything working now.

Thank you all!

P.S. Parmigiano Reggiano from Nuremberg; awesome! Found where to buy here; awesomer!

·
Vendor
3,092 Posts
There's a little delay in the fixing of the bug - the Track Call bug has been fixed, but while we're at this, we also want to fix another bug that prevents the power amp module from working in ARC environments.

I hope to release it tomorrow.

Brad, glad to know you liked it. It's our local pride and food joy :)

·
ParrotGod
11,545 Posts
just a shout-out to the RCSO2 and Slot.it teams.

Yesterday I had a digital newby that has raced analog in the past but never digital.

As per usual, I throw said newby to the deep end ;-)

I gave him an oXigen controller and an NSR 997. We used RCSO2.

First session, practice with only fuel. After mastering the lane changing, first pitstop and fuel up were completed successfully.

Second session, practice with fuel and tires. Also this time, the pitstop operations were executed without too much drama.

Then we had qualify and three races where also damage was included: he managed to navigate through the whole process of fuel, tyre change and repair almost effortlessly.

This says a lot about how good the combination of RCSO2 and oXigen is.

thank you guys for bringing both to us to enjoy.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
Well thank you Gio. We spent quite some time to improve the interface and the pit handling, without losing functionailty. Glad to read your newbie picked it up quick, it is the same experience I have when new drivers come to race my track, but of course I am biased, nice to read from someone else. RCSO2 has some areas of improvement, but as it is it is one great RMS to experience battles that can be won by better strategy. Of course with support from Slot IT.

@Gio; have you tried the damage option with loosing power at each damage point? When we race with unexperienced drivers we use damage points with no loss of power and only repair in pit, but when racing with the experienced guys we use damage with power loss, this can really turn your race upside down to see that after a deslot you losse some percentage of power, just when you thought you made a gap big enough to win.

·
ParrotGod
11,545 Posts
I tried to use the option of enabling damage loss for each damage point, but I have found that as it is the power loss is too coarse. Basically with the setting I have (5 damage points per driver and medium setting) after a two crashes the car has enough power to crawl around. It would be nice if the amount of power loss could be set by the user: for instance I would like to have a 2% power loss per damage point until it gets to 0 damage point in which case the power is set to safe mode.

One of the features we really like is the auto track call when a car deslots. This combined with the auto-damage option makes for some interesting dynamic when more than one car is involved in a crash.

The other feature I like is that the pit operations can go ahead even if there is a track call. However, it would be nice to be able to stop fuelling even in track call without the need to start another operation (like changing tyres or repairing): this is important when you are in for just a quick splash.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
Hi Gio, there are 3 settings for power loss at damage point, no loss, medium and high. We find it works really well, maybe the combination of the full tank is too much in your case? That you can influence.

I don't understand your pit stop question. Fuel stops when you press trigger, but maybe you mean that when you are refuelling and tyre change in parallel, you can not stop the fuel? Yes that situation I know, don't know how we could prevent this except do your actions not parallel. Did you know that you can allow or not allow parallel actions? and allow or not allow pit stop actions during track call or yellow flag?

·
ParrotGod
11,545 Posts
Hi Gio, there are 3 settings for power loss at damage point, no loss, medium and high. We find it works really well, maybe the combination of the full tank is too much in your case? That you can influence.

I don't understand your pit stop question. Fuel stops when you press trigger, but maybe you mean that when you are refuelling and tyre change in parallel, you can not stop the fuel? Yes that situation I know, don't know how we could prevent this except do your actions not parallel. Did you know that you can allow or not allow parallel actions? and allow or not allow pit stop actions during track call or yellow flag?
the NSR porsche are set up with a 15% difference between full and empty tank. I like this difference because:

- Gets people gradually used to the car full performance

- gives the opportunity for a well planned pitstop and fuel management to catch with others

As for the pit stop question. In my settings, I have the option "pit stop operation during track calls". I think this is more realistic as our track calls are more like yellow flags in real racing so I like the idea that you can perform a pit stop during a track call.

Now, assume that I am almost at the end of the race and I need just a bit of fuel to finish the race. I get in the pitlane and I start to fill up. I want to stop at 20% of a full tank and get out.

While I start the fuel procedure a track call happens: how can I stop the fuel process to avoid to get a full tank? I tried pressing the trigger but it did not work - Remember the track call is still on.

·
Vendor
3,092 Posts
You obviously didn't grow up in Italy in the '70s, or you'd know well!

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Ford

Grunf: immigrato tedesco (vero nome Otto Grunt von Grunt) reduce delle due guerre mondiali è un vecchio nostalgico e un po' lento di comprendonio ma fedelissimo al Numero Uno e capace, con mezzi scarsissimi, di realizzare i macchinari più strampalati che incredibilmente funzionano, è solito vestirsi con una tuta tattica, occhiali da aviere e magliette con sopra scritti vari motti, prima di essere reclutato all'interno del gruppo TNT svolgeva la professione di garzone al mercato.

181 - 200 of 382 Posts