SlotForum banner
341 - 359 of 359 Posts

·
ParrotGod
10,894 Posts
The app looks promising. I do hope that some of the information we can display is configurable...I wonder what is the big grey box at the bottom?
I also wonder, if the new architecture with satellite devices would allow for a driver without mobile device to join the racing.
In other words, what happens if 5 drivers/teams all have a mobile phone but the 6th team does not?

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #342 ·
They just use the pc screen. App is only there to help visibilty, anything you can do in the app, you can also with controller or can be visualized on screen. The big gray button is there during race and can be used for track call, but it is mainly there to hide the pit options.

·
ParrotGod
10,894 Posts
so just to be clear: you are replicating the information for a particular drivers that is on the main screen into each device.
I was expecting a more dynamic approach where if one has a mobile device connected into the system, the data is not displayed in the main screen freeing up screen real estate.
For chrono might not be a big issue because it already supports 20 entries with just laptime and position info. However, in a large club settings, it is very hard to see the display. So I can see that having your own data on your own device is a big plus.
For RCS is a bit more "mission critical" being able to off load the info about fuel and tyres to the mobile devices so that it can support more than 8 IDs.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Font Line Parallel Screenshot Pattern

Font Line Screenshot Slope Parallel

A month ago we did another 6-hour race and the same thing happened again, at 2:30 hours into the race the PC or software went crazy. Today we have tested 4 drivers, all good, but we have seen in the pc task manager that the % of RCSO2 was going up. The first time we saw it, it was at 25% and it has reached 60%. We have not come to crash the pc or program. That means that the program will increase the %???. Can it be fixed with a more powerful pc? In any case, we will soon try a more powerful PC.

·
ParrotGod
10,894 Posts
In the current version of RCSO2 is not possible to add or remove laps from a driver.
Also it is not possible to reset best lap times.
Chrono has these functionalities: given how important they are for managing large races, I expect that the team has implemented them in ChronoO2 and that they will find their way in the next version of RCSO2.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #352 ·
Correct Gio. In RCSO2 current version you can correct only damage points. Correction of laps is very difficult when fuel and tyres are in play, but we will find a way for next RCS.

·
Digital Guru
11,373 Posts
Try this free cleaner I've used it for years, no need to pay just stick to the free version 😉 it's very effective...

CCleaner

The above link is for older version ,but you can update from within the app 😎

Ps. Don't forget to run the registry tool as well 😉

·
ParrotGod
10,894 Posts
Correct Gio. In RCSO2 current version you can correct only damage points. Correction of laps is very difficult when fuel and tyres are in play, but we will find a way for next RCS.
I never thought that the fuel and tyre simulations were the culprits for not having lap adjustments.
However, it could be implemented in a very simple way: for instance for every lap added (or removed) the system can add (remove) 1% to fuel and tyres.

To be fair, we rarely have the need to remove laps with RCSO2. But it has happened.
On the other hand, adding laps and cancel the best lap time are two functionality that I really need.
Not to mention the fact that the min lap time does not work - but I know this is just a bug.

Adding Laps
Sometimes at the start of the race the brake button does not work for some.
This means that the driver has to power off the controller. Once the controller is power up again then the brake button works again.
But the team information from RCSO2 screen disappear. The system still counts laps, times, tyre and fuel, it only does not display them.
To make the team info reappear, the driver has to power off-on the controller. We usually do this when there is a track call so it is not a big issue.
Once this is done, the team info reappear in the race screen with all the correct information.
However, with the control reset, when the car goes over the S/F line the controller does not count that lap (it thinks that it is still the first lap).
To counter this, we take the car off the track, place it near the S/F line, and push it over the line.
This accounts for the controller missing the first lap and racing can resume.
But, when moving the car from the place where it stopped to the S/F line and putting back, the system applies damage points (we have the automatic option selected).
We can reset the damage points but when damage points are applied also there is a penalty in tyre wear (a 1% penalty is applied every time the car gets a damage point).
One option could be that once the track call is initiated, then no damage points should be applied to any other cars if they come off power.
However, the easiest way to fix this would be to have a way of adding missing laps without the need to push the car over the S/F line.

Resetting Best Lap Time
My S/F line is close to the end of the main straight.
At the end of the main straight there is a hairpin of mainly R1s
During qualify, we push to the limit and this is a good place where if you brake late can get a real good lap time.
But sometimes we overdo it and the car comes off the track resulting in a blasting best lap time.
If this is done when the car has low fuel, it means that the overall qualify session is compromised, meaning that it will be really hard for anyone to get close to this time unless you want to play the same trick.
It would be really nice to have the option of resetting the best lap time, so that we could have a rule that the best lap time is cancelled if the car deslots at the end of the main straight.

Reactions: Henri

·
Registered
305 Posts
It sounds so easy, just to reset or delete/ add laps. In Chrono it only use last lap for checking best lap and it just direct read the lap counting from the protocol.

In RCS it have a lot of rules for check if the lap should be counted, Like out of damage, Tire level etc.. Also min(Somehow its not working). To make sure everything is processed we use multithreading. Otherwise it would not be possible to process all in the right order. So the Hall Layer(Driver) Sends the new lap if every rules are full filled add this to the table off laptimes for each Team. After this the UI calculate positions, best laps fule and tire burn etc Also according to Throtlte value and timestamps. Beside that we calculate average laptimes and so on out from that table.
So a reset best lap. its not just a value to reset. we need to figure out what to add to this laptime. We could change the laptime to a higher value but that would affect a lot off parameters like position calculation average etc.
It might not be a problem to delete a lap but I really dont have the overview if it would affedt other functions so I havent dare to try.
We can try to find a better solution for RCS later on but I honest dont have a solution for it..
I hope this makes it a bit clear why its not a present function.

Martin

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 ·
We will put this on our list for RCS NG, as you can see we have tred it but it is very difficult. But I am also convinced we find a way.
Btw funny to read you have about the same solutions as we do Gio for managing races and managing the software :)

·
ParrotGod
10,894 Posts
I want to make clear that I am not doubting that is difficult and to be honest I did not think that simulations were the issues here.
The simplest solution that I can think of is to store number of laps and lap times in to registers that are used by the threads to store the info (once they passed all the rules that you have mentioned.
The registers are then read by the UI thread to refresh the UI.
The marshal window is responsible for adding or removing laps and reset best laps time: once this operations are done, the marshal could invoke a sub-routine of the UI to just update the those values values on the main screen without affecting the tyre/fuel level. To simplify things, you could have a restriction where these functions (add/remove laps and reset best laps) can be only done when there is a track call so that you can pause all the other threads.

341 - 359 of 359 Posts