SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about Power supply on a 4-lane track.

I have two Scalextric Sport Power bases with four wall mounted transformers. I collect the classic Scalextric track parts and plan to have four lanes on my future track. I can attach the Power Bases with help of Scalextric converter straights, convering Sport --> Classic.

However, I would like to rebuild one Power Base so that I have the connectors on each side when I make a 4-lane track, so the track parts align nicely together at the start. i know there is a special type of Power Base to use for 4-lane tracks, but I would like to get good use the two I currently have (each one made for 2-lane track only)

Is it difficult to rebuild a Power Base so that the little black box with connectors is on the opposite side, and so that the cars can still run clockwise?

Any instructions and pics on the web on how to do it?

Any links and tips appreciated.

I hope you understood what I mean that I want to do.

Regards,

/BB.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just unsolder the wires from the connectors and reverse them (ie do one connector at a time!), that should do the trick..........................

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (daleg @ 11 Jan 2005, 13:00)Just unsolder the wires from the connectors and reverse them (ie do one connector at a time!), that should do the trick..........................
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So it's that simple? Superb, I'll try it.
It's just about opening it up from the track underside, right? I take it that the unsoldering / resoldering is done on the underside of the track lanes, and the little Power Base 'box' needn't not be opened at all?

/BB

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
It is even easier than that, no you don't need to access the black box and the wires are clipped onto the track lugs not soldered so it should take you 3 mins max

1 - 5 of 5 Posts