SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few cars I'd like to re-number. I bought some "decal paper" but it's not brilliant - it's too stiff - and printed-off my own door boards. The design and printing are satisfactory, but the paper lets the cars down.

What about painting white squares over the existing numbers, using some ready made numbers (Patto's) and then lacquering over?? If I did, what's the most successful way to mask the squares off to apply the white paint?

TIA

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for ^^^^ that.
I'll have another look at Patto's number boards.

I don't suppose the Revell stuff you mentioned will work on my vinyl-coated paper. I guess that if I continue down the DIY route I'll have to buy some better paper than the cheap stuff I bought for my trial efforts.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
If you want to do your own decals then craftypapers sell a very good water slide, I use it myself and I'm very happy with the quality and its very good value (I cut down to A5 so I don't have to print so much in one go), they also sell both Inkjet and Laser, I prefer the laser as it does not require and coating to protect the ink and is much sharper.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for ^^^^ that Colin. Someone (may have been you) pointed me to Crafty a while ago, but I decided to have a practice on some cheap eBay stuff first, then forgot the cheap stuff was only supposed to be a dummy run.

I've been on Patto's again weighing-up my options, but I can't find any plain white (or any that would look right on rally cars) number boards. I would prefer to do it myself, so I guess it's time to make-up an order for Crafty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts