SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,404 Posts
I'd forgotten about that heap.
Actually it was an EXCELLENT car until my assistant bent it a bit!
It's a Renault Laguna after running head-on into a massive 4-track. My guy didn't walk out of it unscathed as the roof had to be sliced off first and he had a few days in hospital but thankfully recovered. There is little doubt that he would have been killed if not for the Laguna's genuine 5-star performance in European Constructional Safety tests. The damage was unbelieveable, but my man got off with considerable bruising mainly from the seat belts, a couple of cuts/abrasions and fairly severe concussion.
Lucky, lucky guy!

· Registered
5,404 Posts
Nearly as good as my "HEAP"!

Go on, Rich, frighten me with the approx price of the car and insurance both, just for curiosity!
Over here, we can obtain 'Classic Insurance' on cars over 5 years old, as long as we can prove they are not the main, everyday car and accept limited annual mileage of typically 3,000 miles. It gets cheaper still when they are over ten years old and possibly cheaper again at 20 years. My 15 year old Alfa would be something WELL over £1000/$1600 under normal insurance but I think is down to around £250/$400 on the Classic Policy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.