SlotForum banner
141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
KRZ-- Thx for posting more pictures of your expanding collection.

The Grand Sport (& the 63-67 street Corvette) design was based on an inverted wing kind of initial thought.

Sounds good, but in reality that nose created lift--and they cut holes in the Grand Sport's hood to let out underhood air.

With factory money they could have been as successful at today's Corvette racing program. But they did not have that money.

The street cars had no holes in the hood, but they got light in the steering at about 115...

Cool slot car, no doubt. How does it handle?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Hello Bob,

Thank you very kindly for the GS hood details. Makes sense. Very cool stuff!

This little weapon does not get light in the steering above 115. It sports a Dash Mondo Grip chassis with a 10-Ohm armature. No shortage of speed, or cornering.

The width of the body really suits the wide stance.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Model Murdering mentioned that the Aurora '40 Ford handled well in a predictable, pendulum kind of way.

At least, that was my recollection and I think what he was saying.

Suspect the Grand Sport is similar (?).

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 · (Edited)
I think the 40-Ford is a bit more top heavy than the Vette and will handle differently. I don't have a 40-Ford so I can't really say.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Oh oh... I will?

My friend Bob. You must have knowledge of a small inside secret. Do I know you from somewhere else?

Ken

·
Registered
477 Posts
Not the '40, t'was the T-jet Willys. I was commenting that it has a good chunk of it's weight at or below the wheels; and that like a bowling ball, it fares well in heavy traffic.

·
Registered
306 Posts
MM--I knew dat. Ain't old age a hoot!?

KRZ--Your collection is legendary (yes, yes it is!). And I am thinking...probably third grade...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Hi Bob,

I would not call the few cars I have legendary. Minimalistic is more accurate. I've seen guys with multiple shelves of just Camaro's or Willys. Easily more than 50 of each. That's not for me thank you.

The "expanding collection" pretty much stopped expanding once I found my unicorn pictured below. It's time to hunker down and just build stuff.

Vehicle Hood Car Toy Motor vehicle

This thread can now happily fade into oblivion.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

·
Registered
306 Posts
My compliments on your collection, then.

Q: "If Jack helped you off a horse. Would you help Jack move his piano?"

A: "Clearly, I don't know Jack."

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Bob,

Thank you. You are very kind.

Also. Thank you for pointing out that my silly signature can look offensive.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Um, it's cool. Didn't take it that way.

Converting a thought into type which is then read and converted into thought is fraught with peril.

As far as I go, two assumptions usually cover it:

1) Generally have my heart in the right place (but no guarantees, of course). And,

2) What is not due to dementia or ADD is probably due to psychosis.

ps--Is there an answer to the horse/piano riddle?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
The entire joke used to read "If Jack helped you off a horse. Would you help Jack off a horse?". It sounds a bit suggestive. Fred stepped in and politely saved the day.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Good one, Bob.

Is that anything like a bass fish playing bass guitar? :) While standing on first base?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
Where does the family wagon need to go?

It needs a racing mate. Maybe another wagon. I need more cars like I need... more cars?

·
Registered
306 Posts
MM--First car was a '57 Pontiac. All door. 347.

I was broke and saving to buy a '68 Camaro.

Among the other (no buck) hi-po mods: Replaced the oil bath air cleaner with one "fabricated" with a jigsaw out of a couple of pieces of 1/4" plywood and a filter off the shelf of the gas station I worked at.

It wasn't fast, but drive in movies were still around, and the back seat was quite spacious.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
The bright side to oil bath air filters? Every gas station has your filter in stock.

141 - 160 of 160 Posts