·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi,

I was looking at a couple of the recent Viper models online:

Oreca Viper Le Mans 1998 (A84)

Valencia 2004 GTR Viper (A205)

Barcelona 2003 Festina Viper (A206)

What main differences are there between the models, apart from the liveries (obviously) and the availability of the Oreca viper with lights?

·
Registered
752 Posts
QUOTE (Jimster71 @ 4 Oct 2004, 12:03)Hi,

I was looking at a couple of the recent Viper models online:

Oreca Viper Le Mans 1998 (A84)

Valencia 2004 GTR Viper (A205)

Barcelona 2003 Festina Viper (A206)

What main differences are there between the models, apart from the liveries (obviously) and the availability of the Oreca viper with lights?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only differences in the models are brought about by the different regulations for the 1:1 prototype cars.

There are slight differences between LeMans regs (A84) and the FIA GT regs - the only really visible impact is that the LeMans cars have a curved rear spoiler, and the FIA GT cars have a straight rear spoiler.

-Rob

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
I'm a bit confused about this posting. The only differences ARE the liveries (of course!). The Oreca has a different wing, but they are the same model just painted up differently, as with all Fly cars.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Screwneck @ 6 Oct 2004, 15:45)I'm a bit confused about this posting. The only differences ARE the liveries (of course!). The Oreca has a different wing, but they are the same model just painted up differently, as with all Fly cars.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just checking that they are all the most recent fly viper model.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Do the rear wheels still fall off, the front ones still rub on the bodywork, the tyres still petrify after 12 months and the driveshafts still pop out?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yes, the plastic wheels will loosen and need gluing or replacing, the prop shaft bushing should be glued in before running on all the Fly front-motored cars. Tires are irrelevant to me as I start with Indy-Grips on the wheels after doing the knife-work Fly neglects (large hunks of flash on the raised rib). The Viper's wheel arches are clear of the tires on this version (unlike the M3 Beemer). Just picked up a long-awaited Yellow Corn M3 (lit version) not only did the left rear wheel rub the arch, but only the left headlight was working! Ain't Fly great? (why do I love them?) If I had money I could say I'm eccentric, as I don't, I guess I'm just crazy.

Time for the meddies!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts