SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hello All, being a new member here at Slotforum I thought I should post some shots of my track. Those of you who are members on that other forum will be saying "seen that before .... yawn ....."

The track has a closing lid, I needed the workspace. I use a sailboat winch and pulleys to lift it. Here is the track in disguise ....

Here is the sport track layout shortly after I built the table. The table is 25' long, widest point 4', other end 2' width. You can see how the lid opens on hinges in this shot.

I started landscaping the track using Woodlands Scenic plaster, wire mesh, and "ecofoam" carpet underpadding for the borders. This product seems to be unique to Canada. It is exactly the profile height of sport track, is easy to cut to shape, and is paintable.

This photo shows the same part of the track after more scenery work completed. I painted the inside of the lid a sky blue, and added a photo panorama I made using photoshop for the background.

Another overhead shot of the whole layout. I hadn't completed the pit area yet.

I painted the track with Ralph Lauren "river rock" latex paint. This has a silica texture, and adds considerable grip to the surface. For running no-mag cars I have been very happy with the results. Doesn't look bad either!

Here is a shot of the Pit area, which I've just completed. There is a ropelight behind the stadium windows, shining down in the pits, and also lighting the windows. I printed the windows out on "overhead transparancy" paper made for inkjet printers. looks great at night, better than the photo shows.

So I have been involved with Slotcars for nearly 3 years now and am still having a blast! A good racing buddy and I hosted a round of the "RAA" proxy at my track, and here is a car I recently sent off to the Auslot proxy down under.

Now that "The Coffin" is pretty much complete, I'm thinking about trying to find more room ...... so I can take the plunge and route a wood track! Thanks for looking, Cheers!

·
Ian
99 Posts
Hi RecklessRacer,
Great track great use of an obvious limitation SPACE! It looks great well done nice to see those Homies settling in well around your track too! Do you use the box surface as a working surface, when you are not using the Slot car track?

Keep those photos coming you know we love photos but (puts mod hat on) please keep an eye on the size of them I have reduced one that was way way over the size Limit see here (takes off mod hat)

Cool track

Regards

Ian

·
Alan Tadd
4,048 Posts
That tracks looks vaguely familiar.....

Fabulous track and a great idea to build it into it's own housing. I think this is one of the finest Sport Tracks I've seen.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nice setup and the elavation changes look great thats the way it's done I've seen too many flat tracks that look good but just don't have that pop!

·
Bill
2,888 Posts
I'd seen some pictures of the track before, but never the whole description of its building. It's really a brilliant track.
How long is the track itself? Must be 80 or 90 ft (i.e., about 30m)? Seems like an interesting track to try a digital setup on.

·
Premium Member
2,716 Posts
Reckless that is one ingenious, cool track! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Wow, That track is A W E S O M E !!!

Superb job!

Regards,
Martin

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Great stuff, wonder if you could tell us a little about the rise and dip in the main straight, it looks like you've been able to bend the track pieces or is this just an illusion?

·
David.
1,140 Posts
Yes, brilliant track, great use of the space.
I'm surprised you haven't had more comments considering how long this thread has been up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Reckless Racer

What are the cars you have lined up in the pic of pit lane?

I'm very knowledgable with the older models but I do love the look of those beauties. Can see me a nice scenic track in my head with those types of motors.

All the best

Ricky

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
That really is a very nice use of a long and narrow space.
I especially liked the raise back section, being a fan of elevation.
Def neede a bump on this thread or I would have missed it.

Reactions: Supersid
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.