SlotForum banner

Recommend a Porsche

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Porsche Racer 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi,

We have an open Porsche class coming up with no open wheelers.

As I don't yet own a racing porsche I am wondering what people recommend, we are racing no mag on wood with original motors but gears and wheels can be changed and weight added, the competition I imagine will be:

ProSlot Porsche GT3's as I have seen them at the club
NSR Porsche 917 & 997
Slot.it Group C Porsche in various guises
Fly Porsche GT1

Looking about I see Avant make a Porsche Spyder LMP, SCX do a pro GT3 and then their are the obvious ones from Scalextric, Ninco etc which I imagine would struggle to keep up with the more potent motored cars.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Thanks

Ryan

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Probably the best shape Porsche ever made for Slot Racing would be the Can - Am 917s, the 917/10 and 917/30 but the only people to have made these that I know of are Carrera and Fly, alternatively there are lexan 917/10 bodies available that could be put on an HRS chassis, I suspect this might not be within your rules though.

Therefore get an NSR 917 or a Slot It 962.

#5 ·
I've got a pretty good range of Porsches, and the nsr 917 is probably the quickest car over a lap, with little to no modifications. the nsr 997 is a bit mental, and i have several of the slot.it group c variants, but find to get nsr 917 speed they need some bits bolted on.

#9 ·
Hi Ryan,
both myself and Andy W have had the NSR 997 and not been able to get them to run nicely on our track at all. We may just have been unlucky, or maybe we just didn't do the right setup, but we both tried to get them working well without much success.
My NSR 917 seemed to be easier to setup, as can be seen from last weeks Modified Sports GT class results. The Fly GT1 that I have, which used to be competitive in the Limited Mod GT class, just wouldn't compete with the NSR 917.
There's always a scratch build of course, which I suspect Andy may run.
Hope this helps.
Steve

#12 ·
Hi Julian,
the idea was for you to be able to run any Porsche (except open wheelers) and I must admit body types were not mentioned. I'd recommend running a hard body though as none of our other classes allow lexan bodies, so, if you run one you could be in a minority of one.
It was just introduced for a bit of fun though and whatever is used, within reason, should be allowed.

Lexan bodies - brings back some good memories from my BSCRA days......
Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.