1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Slot-A-Holic
5,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Entry: Red Devil #77
Planning: Jaak Beentjes
Chassis: Jaak Beentjes
Motor: Vintage Mura C Can, Ball bearings both sides and a group12 arm, built by Andrew Brown Searle-AB Slotsport
Body: Choti #15 version #1 made by Raymond Fellows-One27Ray (Vintage style)
Paint: Jaak Beentjes
Front axle: Piano wire--Front Wheels: Vintage (brand?)
Rear Axle: Threaded 1/8----Rear Wheels: Vintage (brand?)----Rear knock offs: Professor motor (Vintage style)----Rear Tires: (brand?)
Guide: Dynamic with vintage braid----Guide collar: Du Bro (Vintage)
Gear: Taylor 44T crown 8T pinion (Vintage)
Bracket: Rehco (Thanks to Jairus Watson) (Vintage)
Bearings: Ball bearings rear (Thanks to Ralph R Klose FLY-TO-SKY)
Bearing holders: Buzco (Vintage)
Weight: 109 grams

·
Registered
465 Posts
Jaak,

Very menacing! You have your BALLS OUT now.

-Max

·
Tony
2,834 Posts
As I said before a great car and the chassis work is very professional. I'm not sure but I think the motor's in upside down, didn't the notch in the endbell go on the bottom. It was to give clearance for mounting in the chassis, doesn't make any difference to the motor and the car looks good as it is

·
Slot-A-Holic
5,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Steve,

I did my best and will learn from this and improve on the next one, and so on

BT,

I think you are right,
i never knew that or noticed it, thanks for the heads up.
Luckily in this self made chassis it will not make a difference.

·
Tony
2,834 Posts
It's a very nice and well made chassis, I love retro chassis's. Modern chassis' have become to complicated, too many hinges and pivots on them.

·
Slot-A-Holic
5,504 Posts
Noticed the links to the pictures are broken for some reason I still have the pictures but can't edit the post anymore.

Here is Red Devil returned home safely.

It is now sitting cozy with the other two proxy Thingies in my Hall of Fame vitrine.

Thanks to Jairus for setting it up and to all the other people who where involved

If any mod could re-post these pictures in the first post i would be very thankful.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
It is a very good car Jaak! I think there was something wrong with Barney's controller as he said too many cars had no brakes. I don't understand how that can be as My car had GREAT brakes on my track with my controller during testing. I could tell even with my lack of driving talent that simply turning the knob made a huge difference in braking.
Oh, I can see a "D" can having poor brakes, possibly! But, to claim cars with "C" cans don't is just silly and something else was screwed up.
But... the race is over and I am done with Choti's if they are going to change the rules.

Glad to have you aboard on this one!

·
Slot-A-Holic
5,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Chris,

We will never know what the reason was i just put it down to a bit of bad luck on my side and/or possibly the wrong gearing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts