SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
QUOTE I just cut all these off when I get the cars

they seem to sap a little power so I cant accelerate quickly

Translation = "They get in the way when I'm looking for space for my large 'booster' capacitor"...

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Difflock, caution is advised.
The EMI police are everywhere. They're currently investigating Inte.
You could be next!

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Difflock, EMI interference may or may not directly affect other equipment, as Julius said, since many devices now filter it very effectively. Then again, even if it doesn't affect you, it may be driving your neighbour crazy! The RF interference is fairly short-range, but EMI interference sent back through the power line can reach much further. Good, regulated power supplies will block this inherently in their design, but poor supplies, like those furnished with typical race sets, can transfer interference right out into the mains supply and this can affect neighbours who are fed from the same mains supply and who may not have TVs, etc, that are quite as up-to-date or as effective at filtering. I have never experienced the problem myself, but many years ago I drove my neighbour crazy every time I had a club race at my house. That was okay, though, because he never figured it out and we didn't really get along well anyway.

Relax, though, I think the EMI police are still scouring the grounds around Inte's place - something about finding small chokes and capacitors outside a window...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts