SlotForum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,484 Posts
Contemporaries below who influenced the lives of so many years ago. I wonder how many younger folk today could identify them...

Gosh! The 1960s, eh? I still wonder...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Jimi, Bob and the Lennons but the first pair defy recall . . .

·
Registered
8,484 Posts
Mark

Igor Stravinsky (left) and, arguably, the greatest cellist who has ever lived, Mstislav Rostropovich.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Many will know their faces (bar maybe the first chaps) but few will know their work, usually because they saw it on the T-Shirt somewhere.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
All that kulcha passed a lad like me by, Laurence.
Musicians are like racing drivers and their era's , the early axe men were so so new to us over here , in retrospect technically they were not as good as those who came later , and of course the instruments were differant along with recording, and right up to the digital age.
I can actually today make recordings on my home studio desk that sound very good, using my vast library of sheet music and backing tracks i can play the guitars and record my instrumental version of any music i like to play from any of them , bit of Lonnie Donegan , Eddy , Clapton, Hendrix , some ZZ top, Status Quo , and it,s good fun doing it , and music has been my bag during the Pandemick , and even at my age and experiance it has kept me active and sharp, brain wise.
I sometimes wonder what music will come along next , or is there nothing new that has not been done before now.
Musical instrument Guitar Guitar accessory String instrument accessory String instrument

·
Registered
645 Posts
A fun guitar album is Neck and Neck with Mark Knopfler and Chet Atkins. Sounds like they had a ball recording it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts