SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Rick,

I don't want to use your RMS thread, so I preferred to create a new one for this.
(comming from here)

Ok, having now the next config:

LB1: LC
LB2: LC
LB3: Pit Row Entry
LB4: Pit Row Exit
LB5: LC
LB6: LC
LB7: LC

I just tested and when entering Pit Row, there is no refuelling automatically.
If I set the LB3 into Pit Bay 1, its curious becasue after crossing the Pit Bay1 LB, stopping and pressing 2 sec. the LC button on the controller, it starts to refuell.
Really Strange. Rick which info or screenshots do you need?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Sounds logical to me. Djlutz, there is a topic named "pit in lc arrangement" on page 4 - in which Diegu made a clear and explaining post about the subject. Sadly I'm not so good in redirecting/copy/pasting on this flimsy iPad,sorry.

Thing is, there's a difference between entering a pit lane or a pit bay.
Pit lanes are there for speed limits etc.
Pit bays are there for refueling.
When you have a single pit lane, configure it as a pit bay and refueling will work fine.

More info in the above mentioned topic :)

Merc

·
Registered
195 Posts
(Link)
Exactly that thread is the one I used to create my track some months ago.

I don't know if I understood it correctly, please take a look if possible:
a) For penalty it's necessary the "Pit Row Entry" and "Pit Row Exit"
b ) For Refuelling, it is necessary the "Pit Bay x " and "Pit Row Exit"
c) For Penalys and Refuelling it's necessary"Pit Row Entry", "Pit Bay x " and "Pit Row Exit"

In that case:

I assume that the #1 is set as normal LC, right? (leds at both rails to keep the lap missing prevention system working).
The #2 is the "Pit Row Entry", right?
The #3 is the "Pit Bay1", right?
The #4 is the "Pit Bay2", right?
The #5 is the "Pit Row Exit", right?

am I right? Is just to clear my mind, I think I made a little mistake at the begining when designing the track.

I did not comment the XLC LB inside the pit, becasue I don't want to mix then here now.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tests and more tests and nothing goes better.
Is the RMS soft version v1.0.1.0, right?
That one:
http://racecoordinator.net/sw.html

I also reinstalled MSNetFramework 4...

Strange:
If racing a Fuel race, and entering the Pit Bay, it doesn't starts to refuell till I press the LC button.
the same happens when having a penalty, it soes not start to countdown till I cross the PitBay and press the LC button for some seconds.

I downloaded from the web all lates software.
Updated all the LB boot, and configured all LB again.
Updated the car chip program.
Updated the controller version.

Everything done and the results are the same.
With the LapCounter software (on the LB folder) everything works fine, but the Fuel Management and Penaly management is making me crazy.

Any suggestion/help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
636 Posts
ZITAT(djlutz @ 2 Oct 2012, 21:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Tests and more tests and nothing goes better.
[...]

Any suggestion/help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Comments on statements:
a.) You only need a pit bay to serve penalties.
b.) For refuelling you only need a pit bay. Pit row exit is nice to have, to detect end of pit row
c.) IMHO, you only need a pit bay.

To eliminate possible errors during testing, I suggest to allow 100% speed in pit. (at least for now)

About versions: sounds all good to me. Software versions should all be correct.
I felt they were all stable for some months now!

Currently I race SRMS version 1.0.0.0

I assume you use a setup without a pit row but with 1 pit bay. Correct?

I configured my track to simulated your issues and such a track:
Lane Brain 0 is S/F-line (standard, required)
Lane Brain 1 is: Pit Bay 1
Lane Brain 2 is: Pit Row Exit.

Mit Pit Bay starts AFTER S/F-line.

I can also simulate a different setup. Just let me know.

No problems. I drive into pit bay, stop and refuelling starts.
I did heavy testing on that already. I can not remember any of the errors you experience.

May be you show us hardcopies of your software settings?

I will try to upgrade do SRMS V1.0.1.0 to do a test with that version

Diegu

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just jumping in to confirm this point as there seems tobe some confusing info flicking around, so start finish lb = 0 ,pitrow/lane entry should be 1? so numbering from start finish around track is not right or do we go back from the pitrow/lane entry to the 1st lb after the start/finish line and call it 2, I know its not hard to change but maybe a guide some where for others would help instead of trolling through 1oo's of post and getting snippets of info thats maybe not even upto date or different from previous.
my pits going in this weekend so hopefully alll will make sense.
ok back to the problem at hand.
cheers
Glen

·
Registered
636 Posts
ZITAT(glengtl1 @ 3 Oct 2012, 23:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just jumping in to confirm this point as there seems tobe some confusing info flicking around, so start finish lb = 0 ,pitrow/lane entry should be 1? so numbering from start finish around track is not right or do we go back from the pitrow/lane entry to the 1st lb after the start/finish line and call it 2

Hi Glen,

Regarding numbering: start finish lb must be 0. Numbering of other LB's is free.

I did not want to confuse anybody, just used my LB numbering as example.

However, in case you want to have "missed lap detection", LB's must be numbered in ascending order.
So for that, you can do 0,1,2,3,... but any numbering like e.g. 0,5,7,12... is also allowed.

Diegu

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
As mentioned before, the RMS assume you have to LC to get into pit row or a pit bay. If you don't LC, it won't know and therefore not let you refuel. Once you LC into the pit bay you shouldn't have to hold it down any longer though. If I don't do it this way, you could pit from the pit row lane blocking traffic. Really what I should do is have the user tell me which lane the pit bay is in so I an check against that but for now this is how it is and is a little nicer because there's no configuration needed.

QUOTE (djlutz @ 2 Oct 2012, 15:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Strange:
If racing a Fuel race, and entering the Pit Bay, it doesn't starts to refuell till I press the LC button.
the same happens when having a penalty, it soes not start to countdown till I cross the PitBay and press the LC button for some seconds.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi diegu,

thanks for the reply.
Yes, the last test from yesterday were:
LB0: S/F
LB3: Pit Bay1

If I set the LB3 as "Pit Row entry" as you said and could imagine, there is no efect.
When setting this LB3 as "Pit Bay1", it only starts to refuel when I stop after the Led and press the button.

Sorry of answerng late, I appreciate your help. I could do some short tests yesterday.
From Dave words:
http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=737109
I understood: "for refuelling I need to" press the LC button when crssing the Pit Bay1 LB (because is assumed that in the PitBay entrance ther is a LC wher you always will press the LC button.
So In my current track situation (is like the standard Pit lane of a Ninco Digital track: 1 unique Pit lane) qhere all cars need to stop for refuelling.

I did the short test yesterday and did:
Cross the Pit Bay1 LB pressing the LC button, then it starts to refuel. --> it works.
When fuel is at maximum, then quit and that's all.

I've seen something strange with the Penalies and need to test a little bit more...
Could you try:
Start a race, during the starting lights, press throttle, you get a penalty, then go into the pit bay accomplish it. Before finishing the penalty time, go out from the Pit, and you cant never reset it again, is like the system thinks that you still are inside the Pit and if you enter the same Pit Bay again, never will take the Penalty out nor refuel.
Also If you restart the race (direct from the same window via "Pause race" and "restart race"), as soon as you start after the starting lights and put the throttle higher than the parameter set as "maximum throthle at Pit", the system thinks that also restarting a new race, and doing it right after the starting lights, on the main straight when you're at 100%, you get a penalty for being to fast.

Sorry about the fast writting above, I could explain a little bit more better later on.

All of this is happening in my track configuration, unfortunatley I can check it with a: "Pit Row Entry", multiple "pit Bay" "Pit Row exit" configuration.

PS: Dave I just saw your last post, sorry I just wrote the text in other computer and pasted it to the forum, but I understood what you just explained.

Again thanks for the help.

·
Registered
636 Posts
DJlutz,

you're welcome.

Did I understand correctly, that the refuelling issue is fixed? Would be fine.

ZITAT(djlutz @ 4 Oct 2012, 15:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>[..]
Could you try:
Start a race, during the starting lights, press throttle, you get a penalty, then go into the pit bay accomplish it. Before finishing the penalty time, go out from the Pit, and you cant never reset it again, is like the system thinks that you still are inside the Pit and if you enter the same Pit Bay again, never will take the Penalty out nor refuel.
Also If you restart the race (direct from the same window via "Pause race" and "restart race"), as soon as you start after the starting lights and put the throttle higher than the parameter set as "maximum throthle at Pit", the system thinks that also restarting a new race, and doing it right after the starting lights, on the main straight when you're at 100%, you get a penalty for being to fast.

[..]

I did the first test with "half-serving" a penalty, then pulling out of pits. Works as expected. I can enter pit on the next lap and finish serving.

I assume, you have been disqualified in the meantime. Remember you have to set "Black Flag Tolerance" (in Scoring section of race setup) to a value high enough (I use 3), so you are not disqualified before serving the black flag the second time.

I also did the "Pause Race" and "(Re)-Start Race" test. Works in any case. No speeding problems. (I checked my pit speed limit. It is set to 75%)
Some questions about that:
Did you really use the "Restart Race" option? This ends the current race and restarts it as NEW race. There should not be any problems with that.
In case you want to continue the paused race, you have to use "Start Race" after pausing.
However no issues in both case.

May be there is an issue with detecting your pit exit LB?

Diegu

·
Registered
636 Posts
ZITAT(djlutz @ 4 Oct 2012, 15:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi diegu,

thanks for the reply.
Yes, the last test from yesterday were:

I just checked your setup again. Took me a while to understand your setup.

Your minimum setup would be:
LB2: Pit Bay1
LB3: Unnecessary, Remove

In case you like having your LB3, you should do as follows:
LB2: Pit Row Entry

But this means, you have to press LC when passing LB3, otherwise system won't know you're in pit bay (as dave wrote).

Sorry again, I should have read better.

Diegu

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Dani use LB test program or Car Data program to see if the pit exit is registering. If Pit Out is not detected you wont be able to use pits again.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Wow, how much information at once!

As Jack the Ripper said: "Let's go part by part"...

From the track:

LB3: Pit Bay1 (Zone in red)
LB4: Pit Row Exit (Zone in Yellow)

1) Refuelling works well when I cross the led on LB3 pressing the LC button.
2) Further tests to discard any LB detection issues.

diegu, I've a question using your proposal:

3) If the car misses the LB2-LC and continues on the track (not on pit lane), it will refuell if the car stops, right? (the situation would be: driver pushes LC button, the LC moves, but by any reason the car does not go into pit lane, and goes straight way).
4) Also if I'm on the previous 3) scenary and the throttle exceeds the maximum pit % allowed I will get a Penalty being out of the pit, right?
5) In my case the LB2 has leds on both rails, it means that if I want to use this structure, I should remove the led on the left rail (left rail on driving direction, right rail on the picture), just to avoid the previous issue, right?

if using the next one:

6) The issue 3) and 4) is the same here if the car misses the LC but the LC button was pressed, right?

I need to test much more knowing now that the "Pit Row entry" and "Pit Bay1" is recognized by the system when the car crosses this LB Led while the LC button is pressed.
One additional question:
7) For being recognized by the "Pit Row Exit" (LB4) is it also necessary to press the LC button?, or just go over the LB4 Led? I assume that just going over the LED is enough (as we do on S/F line). But I preferred to ask.

diegu, Dave, Merc, many, many thanks for the help; please don't misunderstand my words, English isn't my mother tonge and in some cases I could sound arrogant, but that's just because it's not my mother tongue and its not so easy to express myself, I really appreciate all your help.

·
Registered
636 Posts
djlutz,

all fine

See answers in purple below.

ZITAT(djlutz @ 4 Oct 2012, 21:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>diegu, I've a question using your proposal:

3) If the car misses the LB2-LC and continues on the track (not on pit lane), it will refuell if the car stops, right? (the situation would be: driver pushes LC button, the LC moves, but by any reason the car does not go into pit lane, and goes straight way).
Correct.
4) Also if I'm on the previous 3) scenary and the throttle exceeds the maximum pit % allowed I will get a Penalty being out of the pit, right?
Correct. However end of pit will be reached when crossing S/F-line
5) In my case the LB2 has leds on both rails, it means that if I want to use this structure, I should remove the led on the left rail (left rail on driving direction, right rail on the picture), just to avoid the previous issue, right?
Correct. However, LED may be useful to support sector timing, as soon as Scorpius supports this.

if using the next one:

6) The issue 3) and 4) is the same here if the car misses the LC but the LC button was pressed, right?
Regarding 3): Correct. Except you won't be able to refuel.
Regarding 4): Correct

I need to test much more knowing now that the "Pit Row entry" and "Pit Bay1" is recognized by the system when the car crosses this LB Led while the LC button is pressed.
One additional question:
7) For being recognized by the "Pit Row Exit" (LB4) is it also necessary to press the LC button?, or just go over the LB4 Led? I assume that just going over the LED is enough (as we do on S/F line). But I preferred to ask.
Correct. Going just over the LED is enough. No pressing of LC button needed.

diegu, Dave, Merc, many, many thanks for the help; please don't misunderstand my words, English isn't my mother tonge and in some cases I could sound arrogant, but that's just because it's not my mother tongue and its not so easy to express myself, I really appreciate all your help.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Additional info I forgot to mention:

QUOTE (diegu @ 4 Oct 2012, 16:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Remember you have to set "Black Flag Tolerance" (in Scoring section of race setup) to a value high enough (I use 3)
I had set it to 5.

QUOTE (diegu @ 4 Oct 2012, 16:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I also did the "Pause Race" and "(Re)-Start Race" test. Works in any case. No speeding problems. (I checked my pit speed limit. It is set to 75%)
Some questions about that:
Did you really use the "Restart Race" option?
Yes, "Pause" and "restart Race" (new race).

As said, I will continue testing this weekend

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ok, some more tests done:

-----------------

Tests 1:
LB2: Pit Row entry

Race Config A):
Fuel Race + Black Flag Race (5sec. Timed Stop) + 75% max. throttle at Pit.

Possible enhancements:
The "Pit Bay1" (LB3) detection should be automatic and not by pressing LC button (as is at the Pit Row Exit detection).

Comments:
Everything works fine, BUT as we commented some messages before, if you press the LC button to enter the pit at LB2, but the car misses the mechanical LC, then you're in trouble because exceeding the max throttle (if defined) in the track will cause you get a Black Flag (danger till you cross the S/F). To prevent this error, an option could be to set an additional LB for "Pit Row Entry" inside the Pit lane, but the way of working should be without the requirement of pressing the LC button on the hand controller (as suggested before for the "Pit Bay1" detection).

Race Config B ):
Fuel Race + NO Black Flag Race + 75% max. throttle at Pit.

¿Bug?
If you press the throttle on the starting lights (before green light) or you exceed the 75% max throttle at Pit, you get a black flag that can't never be removed (it's a non-black flag race).

---------------------

Tests 2:

Test 2 is equal than 1 but without a "Pit Row Entry" LB defined.
The problem of missing the "Pit Raw Entry" LC and be careful with the max throttle has obviously gone.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Dieter can you check this out? It sounds like a bug or a configuration problem. Did you "update" your race after you changed it to no black flag???

"¿Bug?
If you press the throttle on the starting lights (before green light) or you exceed the 75% max throttle at Pit, you get a black flag that can't never be removed (it's a non-black flag race)"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts