SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just a bit of impatience really as I should wait a couple of weeks for an answer, but what the heck? Has anyone any inside information about planned releases from any of the manufacturers for next year?

Any car wishes/hopes?

Cheers,
Philip

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Scalextric = E-Type Jag
Scalextric = Legends car

Realistically nobody knows what they are going to release, Slot.It/NSR use Slotlandia to provide information about the next 12 months, Scalextric are waiting until the 3rd January (it use to be 1st January but obviously someone has long service leave over xmas).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any wishes??? YES! I wish for a ninco and scalextric Ferrari 458 Italia (multiple versions in race trim). I'm hoping by next summer to have a couple of good liveries from one or both of these companies.... and to be specific, I'd like the red 458 that drove in the Fia Gt3 championship this season and also the Black in that same championship.

I wish that I liked carrera cars as I'd pick up their 458 since they're first to the market. I'm just not a fan of carrera as they don't seem to compete well with the other 2 manufacturers cars which I have a ton of. If I get these, my 2012 wish list will be completed!

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Dear
....... a Scalextric MkII Jaguar and a Morris 1000 to go with my 1963 Beetle please

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I agree with the MkII Jag, would be fantastic to have. We have had the Dukes of Hazard, how about the A Team van? I would like a decent Mk1 Capri road car and more British sports cars such as Triumphs (except the TR7). Maybe some old 70's and 80's cars such as Rally and Touring cars.

·
Last Place is my Place
573 Posts
QUOTE (rodman @ 20 Dec 2011, 01:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Any wishes??? YES! I wish for a ninco and scalextric Ferrari 458 Italia (multiple versions in race trim). I'm hoping by next summer to have a couple of good liveries from one or both of these companies.... and to be specific, I'd like the red 458 that drove in the Fia Gt3 championship this season and also the Black in that same championship.

I wish that I liked carrera cars as I'd pick up their 458 since they're first to the market. I'm just not a fan of carrera as they don't seem to compete well with the other 2 manufacturers cars which I have a ton of. If I get these, my 2012 wish list will be completed!
scalextric wont make any ferrari's because they lost the licencee

what i want, a 1970s ford falcon with the iconic number 17
how about a red bull and torro rosso f1 cars

·
Circuit Owner
5,913 Posts
Transit vans please. And Mercedes and VW.

Won't happen because none of the manufacturers' crystal display cases are tall enough. They are missing a trick though because I have sold 40 converted transits this year
(and kept 8 more for myself!)

Run out of parts now though

·
Horlicks Hero
1,940 Posts
A bit more variety from the current F1 field would be nice. Some of the smaller teams have cool looking cars. I'd love a Force India, for example.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Considering some of Scalextric's 2011 releases have only just got into the shops, I don't think I'll worry too much about 2012 releases.

But I would like the following in 1:32 AMC Javelin, 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner, more Can-Ams, TR7, Group 5 Lancia Stratos, AMC Matador all from either SCX, Carrera or Scalextric - I like cheap, slow, slot cars designed to run on home tracks.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I think all of the cars I want are available in HO, and apart from the Javelin and Group 5 Stratos, I have them, I might get a resin Stratos off Andy Abbott if I see him next week.

·
Alfie Noakes
2,655 Posts
At the risk of sounding repetitive...
Volvo 850 estate BTCC
Transit
MkII Jag

Also re-releases of BL stuff from 70s & 80s:
TR7
Rover 3500
Metro 6R4
Mini Clubman

Also Austin A35, Hillman Imp, etc.

Cheers,
Richard

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,742 Posts
rodman

I am impressed with how well Carrera cars go now compared to earlier ones and compared to Scalextric and SCX - we recently raced a modern GT series and a Carrera BMW Z3 won from scx and Scaley cars...(good driver usually top 3 or 4 anyway)

might be worth finding someone who has one and checking it out....

DM

·
Registered
212 Posts
Wish list, wish list, hmmm

1991 Benetton (Nelson Piquet), anything F1 from mid 1980's preferably Ayrton Senna JPS lotus perhaps to commemorate his first f1 win at Portugal, early 90's ligier or Prost (Olivier Pannis), 1990 Larousse Lola, 1990 Dallara, 1990 March.

Ah well, a man can dream!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts