SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At a few locations on my track, at curves, the cars get caught going around the curves and almost stand on end prior to deslotting. I've noticed that the mating end of the rail does stick out a little farther than the joining end and this is obviously why the car is catching.

I read through this link on cleaning and tuning track pieces. I tried burnishing the track rails, but am wondering if anyone has other suggestions that might be a little less invassive - the burnishing will end up removing some of the plating.

Thanks in advance.

in ohio

·
Registered
164 Posts
G'day RB.

If you mean that the female section has flared out, you can bend it back in with a pair of needle nose pliers or, if the track is in place, just a bit of leverage with a flat bladed screwdriver should do the trick.

As for cleaning, green dishwashing pads with a bit of WD40 sprayed on 'em keeps my track shiny clean.

Steve

·
Registered
714 Posts
Yes, a bit of careful but firm leverage with a fairly broad bladed screwdriver in the slot, with the track still joined together will usually do the trick. Rarely any need to take the track apart for this job.

Incidentally, this particular problem can only arise with track that does not have a plastic lined slot. ie It simply doesn't occur with Carrera track.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi
I had same problem with a "old" curve (in my case to Right) , I just change it for a curve to left >> the "kink" didn't affect racing for the diving way ...
Is cheap and work without hitting the track

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.