SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

is there an easy way of removing stickers? like these?

are they the water transfer ones? would putting it in hot water work?

si

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Those aren't stickers in the conventional sense, they are tampo printed like on die-cast Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars. You can rub them off with a cotton bud dipped in cellulose thinners (there have been posts on SF that recommend meths although I haven't tried it). Best to dissassemble the car first to avoid any risk of the vapour fogging the clear plastic glass.

Unfortunately some of the decoration on Hornby cars occasionally appears to be spray painted - sometimes it's a white sprayed base with the tampo on top of it so that the tampo comes off quickly but the spraypaint needs proper sanding or stripping. It's very difficult to tell before you attack it with the thinners!

Coop

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Are you trying to get all the decals / tampos off for a respray or were you hoping to remove the tampos leaving the red paint behind?

·
Registered
491 Posts
if its a respray job disassemble it and place the body in a pool of metho for 1-2 hours, then i gentle scouring pad will pretty much wipe the paint off back to bare shell. isopropyl alcohol will do the same thing but cost you 4 times as much to do it.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Be VERY careful with the break fluid, leave it to long and you won't have a car left

I do loads of resprays (see my link) and always use isoproplyn soak :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts