SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
LOL waheeeey lots of ideas - OK i will ask for advice and will be reeeeeal specific

I am going to redo one of my f1 cars - the Jordan 197 (the one with the snakehead) its the scaley one. So i need to strip everything off it - Logos , livery and also the yellow colour and then prep it for repainting / decalling.

I have absolutly no concerns about the weight of paint as it won't be a competition racer - just something to run at home. I've no idea where my nearest s/r club is anyway being in Bracknell LOL

So what should i strip it with ? something easily obtainable pref

What should I prep and undercoat with ? I am planning to use Tamiya coloured lacquers for the paint job (the predominant colour is going to be white anyway!!)

Lastly whats my bet bet for getting a set of F1 wheels with the up to date Michelins? I am not planning to spend 27 quid on one of scaleys latest (and quite superb) Toyotas, Renaults etc just to pirate the wheels !!

Gentlemen your advice and assistance is most welcome

·
Registered
16 Posts
QUOTE (goldfish_samurai @ 16 Jul 2004, 15:14)Hi Dikki,

I striped the tampos of a GT1 Porsche using Mr Muscle oven cleaner (the aerosol), I sprayed it on, left it there for about 5 mins and then rinsed it. I then just rubbed the tampos with my fingernail and hey presto! all gone.

Sheesh, don't ask about painting - I really screwed up the undercoat stage and I am trying to remove my awful handy work.... Others here are true experts on this though, so I'll leave it to them!

Well the Mr Muscle sunds straightforward enuff
Cheers for that GS

Guys - any advice on prep and undercoats - also any decal friendly varnish's etc advice would be appreciated

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts