SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bill
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the new 7042 Powerbase from the track? I did it for my old track, and I'm thinking about doing for my new routed track. Any pointers would be appreciated...

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
i believe it to be the same procedure as your old base apart from the power wires to the rails as the new base is wired for 2 lane analouge from the factory.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi Bill

There is a how to on the forum for the old 6PB, I just did mine and it is very much the same except the APB has 2 seperate power feeds, 1 to each track.

In hindsight for me I would have bought the wires out of the back of the base instead of bottom, depends on your needs

Marty

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,279 Posts
I did the same as Marty - his recommendation about bringing the cables out of the back of the track saves you drilling holes in your baseboard. Wish I'd done that now, will modify in future.

Take lots of pictures before de-soldering and take your time.

I'm sure I followed a tutorial here, or on Greg's site or something. I'll have a look and post back if I find anything.

**EDIT** No, I too followed the old 6 car power base separation thread, just realised there were a few more wires inthere. Now I've reread that thread, I remembered I followed Greg's advice and put the power to a Krone connector (basically, a splitable choc block) and fed it to all part of the track that would otherwise have needed power taps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts