SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the scalextric 2003 F1 renault, which drives and looks great. I have a question regarding a tiny bit of detailing on it

on the sides are two sort of vertical vents, which from above are wing shaped. The mercedes also has them.

What I'd like to know is: are they air in/outlets for something, or are they just air deflectors? The reason for this question is i want to know if the insides should be painted black - an easy job which I will do if appropriate. So if anyone knows what these things are and what colour the insides should bem please let me know!

cheers

Dave

·
Registered
759 Posts
I think they are black inside. Here's a pic from www.motorsport.com I hope they are ok with me linking like this. You can see it at the top of the pic. Although this is this years car, the colour should be the same...

Toby

·
Registered
759 Posts
I was very lucky in my search I'll have to admit. I usually look at pictures over at motorsport.com and it just so happened that that was on the front page today...
Sometimes you're just lucky
Otherwise they've got loads of pics from most of the cars launches, which could be good to know for other projects...

Toby

1 - 5 of 5 Posts