Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi there,

Since I didn't know how to change the title on my last topic, I decided to start a new one.
I'm going to upgrade my recently purchased Polistil Renault RS01 into a genuine RS01.
There are a lot of simple things I can improve and I hope that at the end of the project I have a nicely detailed RS01.

Here are some pictures of how the car looked when I bought it.

Work I've done so far
Trim the bodywork to make the suspension look more like suspension.

Made holes in the engine cover where they should have been.

Sculpted the rear and front wing to look more like the original car.

I've also decided to paint the car, I thought the standard color was okay but it's way to plastic and soft.

Greets

Danny

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The painting part is now done, and I'm reasonably satisfied. I've had some problems with the glue but all in all it turned out to be quite a cool car.

The next step is trying to upgrade the car engine wise. Next friday I'm going to try her out and see what's what.
Here is the result so far.

What I've done
Cut the engine cover to show more of the engine.
detail the car
Put mirrors on the car.
Paint the car.

·
Registered
336 Posts
one question :

these models are to be found at EBAY here in Germany now and then, and they really look interesting as models for improviong and converting.
What about their scale accuracy - I mean the main dimensions ? Sometimes I think they are a bit too small or too short.

Roland

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Schackel:

They can be very easily improved, the body is very flexible and easy to work on with a sharp knife. As long as the stickers on the sidepod and on the cockpit are in good condition you can reuse them very easily.

The car is indeed a bit shorter at about 1:36. But the renault is quite a large car in real life so the wheelbase is smaller but the car is about the same size as a Ninco f1 ferrari.

If you want more information about the car just let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts