SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Another contribution for a Le Mans collection.
-Ghost-model- (Proto-slot-kit, France) developed the kit. It´s the car running 1964 at Le Mans.

I hope you like it........

Best regards

claus

·
re member
4,183 Posts
Claus ...that is a very nice model...very cleanly executed.
You have a standard that makes me reach higher when I build.

regards

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hello guys,
Thanks for your kind remarks to the - Bonnet - model work.

Hello Bigblock,
You would like to know how to do build in front lights.
Now i will try to explain.

I always use the lighting system developed by - Overdrive -. (www. slotservice.com)
They offer a range of different types of lighting systems and accessories.
Such a lighting system kit which i used for the -Bonnet- (and others) contains the leds for front and rear
the electronic component and a instruction/manual. ( i think you should get the instructions in english language also)
The electronic component is ready for use. Your task is to do the connections with the leds and the wires from
the electronic. You should be able to execute fine brazing.

First you have to decide where you find a right position for the electronic component ( element XD1 : 13/13/7mm, l/w/h)
on the chassis.
Second you should decide the way how to build in the front (rear) leds.
One possibility is to build in the leds directly into the drill hole of the body/shell and connect them with the electronic component.
Now the chassis and the body have a junction by fine wires.
I don´t like this. Therefore i choose another solutuion.
The led is build into a independent fitting construction which is fixed on the chassis seperatly.
The fitting construction is done by fine polystyrol stripes (1mm thickness) and composed by a vertical and a horizontal
(rectangular) structure element. The horizontal stripe gots the drill holes (diameter ca. 2.7mm) for fixing the leds.
These drill holes are corresponding to those of the body/shell.
Then you do all connetions of the wire according the instruction of the - Overdrive -lighting set.

The following pictures will show you my explanation:

sample: aston martin db4 gtz

sample: R.Bonnet

I hope i could support your activities.

Best reards

claus

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Boomerang,

You are right. The chassis is done by myself.
For motor amount and rear axle amount/bearing i use parts of an old -MRRC- chassis.
They are integrated in a structure done by fine polystyrol constuction elements.

The chassis ( foto taken during construction period; not finished jet ....;
the horizontal main beams are conneted with a type of -floor- in front of the small mabuchi fk -050 )

Best regards

claus

1 - 13 of 13 Posts