SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rich Dumas
3,808 Posts
I see that you can get fairly complete specs for the motors. The ones that I checked would probably be too powerful to use with cars that did not have traction magnets, even at 10 volts. In most cases you would have to reduce the track voltage or use a controller with a choke feature, but the motors are cheap enough to give them a try. If you find motors that are satisfactory you probably should order more of them as soon as possible. Fire sale motors are not likely to be available for very long.

·
re member
4,243 Posts
Neither of those links worked for me

·
Electric model car driver
1,575 Posts
130 motors would be a bit on the large size for 1:43 wouldn't they? They can almost be a bit oversize for some smaller 1:32 cars.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
yes, Artin uses the 13D motors - and they are too big.
they cause big wheels and a not-to-scale apperance of the cars. also artin motors have not breaks.
only good for drag racing, IMO.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Breaks??? If you mean 'brakes', that's in the wiring arrangement of the controller.

I've got lots of Artin along with spare motors, all 130s. Yes, the motors are a bit big, but the 'some' cars and wheels look scale, except the interior look is limited.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
sorry, yes brakes and breaks, sir! :)
if with wired brakes the efficiency of the artin brakes is very weak.
i´ve got some Artin cars, which i really like!
Also they are very good to be worked on, can lowered to a good ground clearance and run really well! I like Artins.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Choosing the right replacement motor also depends on the voltage your going to feed it and the Ohm rating of your controller.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right. Brake power depends on how many turns of wire on each stator.

I found that it took a bit of experimenting to get it 'close to correct' when replacing motors with the small scales, because with electron power it's always a compromise, gain something here, loose something over there.

It was much easier with 1/24 as we wound our own motors according to the track, gear ratio and voltage. Not so easy with 'off the shelve'.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts