SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a source (US) for replacement motors for the Carrera 1:43 cars? Perhaps a secret to refreshing a dying unit?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
sorry, there is NO source for Carrera Go! motor all around the globe.

also no secret for a destroyed motor ....
if you can find a garage sale, check the inside of the cars for hair and carpet fibre, this is the most common killer of speed.

·
Registered
291 Posts
They won't work for several reasons.

They are 130 motors, not ff030.

Shaft diameter 2mm, Carrera GO 1.5mm

1.5-6.0V, Carrera GO 14.8V is too much
and even they wouldn't burn the rpm would be insane because the 3V gives 16000rpm.

And the 0.35-0.4 current is too much for Carrera GO power supply.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
the only ones available on aliexpress which a only slightly larger than the Go!motors are the FF-030PK motors
look for 18000rpm @ 12V are something around this figure.
if you have 12000 or more rpm at 6V - they are useless.

·
re member
4,243 Posts
030 motors...... I have bought some from Canada. Search for the Solarbotics standard motor.

·
re member
4,243 Posts
No problem. They are a good motor but in my experience I recommend an eight tooth pinion as they like to rev.
Where the long can ff050 can be geared tall ie 2.6 to 1 I suggest a short ratio of 3.5 to 1 for the ff030... as a starter

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
No problem. They are a good motor but in my experience I recommend an eight tooth pinion as they like to rev.
Where the long can ff050 can be geared tall ie 2.6 to 1 I suggest a short ratio of 3.5 to 1 for the ff030... as a starter
always depending if you run with or without magnet ....

the original go!motor is geared 8/32 - good for magnet racing. when running without magnets, 8/20 is a good gear ratio, even for a heavy car with 50g.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts