SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
As from 1st september I am launching a new obsolete and vintage slot car spares web site

scaleslotcarspares.com

You are welcome to have a look at progress on the site, but I will not be taking any orders until the 1st.
I have 1000,s of spares here to list and it will be a mammoth task, I even doubt if I will get everything listed by then!

Any comments, bug reports etc are welcome

Phil

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
I had a list of slot car manufacturers and ej was on it, the list you see won't be the final one, this is very much, at the moment, a work in process.

I really want this to be for obsolete and vintage cars, so it probably won't list any contemporary stuff.

As I said, I have so much stuff here to list that I am not really sure what I do have!, be patient and all will be revealed!!

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
It seems to me that all you need for your car are some good rear tyres, such as ortmans, and a better contrate such as a cox one.
I can sort these out for you, but need to know the size of the rear tyres, all you need to do is measure their width.
You do not need new wheels as you can easily cut the old ones off the wheels with a knife and then clean all the sticky rubber bits off the wheels.

I think that the prof has got it a little wrong on chassis types

1st type: 2 piece stamped brass adjustable, aluminium wheels

2nd type: brass and aluminium adjustable , drop arm, aluminium wheels

and the 'set car'/rtr' chassis, stamped metal, either steel or brass, non adjustable, fixed pin guide, plastic wheels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts