SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
just got my first routed track up and running and will be running mainly scalextric cars and the occasional slot-it cars.

All the cars are lmp and the layout is digital,what i would like to do is replace the standard rear tyres with something more grippy,i have tried the scaley silicones in the past and am not keen on them. I would like to keep the standard wheels.

The track is mdf and has been painted with emulsion paint.

Tia

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Hi Ade,

What is wrong with the scaley silicones ?

On our oval we run either scaley or slot.it silicones just rub a little 3in1 on them and they are great

And on our SCX Nascars are just about to start with Waynes WASP tryes

Michael

·
Registered
913 Posts
I use nsr ultra grips.
They need glueing on the rims on the outer edges as the raised bit in the middle is narrow on standard scalextric wheels, but they work great.
Also running magless on mdf, by the way.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi
the wasp tyres interest me can anyone tell me who makes them please...?

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi
thanks Michael i should of twigged the name as i have just purchased a scaley MC12 from Wayne..

The car came with the mag removed and must have wasp tyres fitted as normally this car get's a rough press for poor handling,well with these tyres fitted it is the best handling car of all my current lmp cars..

Cant wait to try some on the other cars...

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
You may want to consider making your own tyres. It's really easy,cheaper and gives you lots
of flexibility. There are several threads on making tyres on Slotforum (use the search function).
Also, Paul Gage offers a nice beginner's kit if you prefer that approach.

John

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi
thanks for all the replies chaps. I have now placed an order for some Wasp tyres. The price is very attractive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts