SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I miss a thread here or has nobody stumped up the money for one of these yet and reported back to us like a good little camper?

I'm curious to know what folks think of them....

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Well, given the poor shape and finish (and very small wheels) I would say any buyer would need to be blind to buy this rough approximation to an unsuccessful Datsun sportscar.

However, a trader at Sandown told me yesterday that they are very fast. If you have to have a model of this car - and Wankel I know you have to have a model of this car - then I'd wait for the Slot.It. It is bound to be quick and will at least look like the Datsun it is supposoied to be.

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ta.

So, did your retailer have one at Sandown? What did you think to it if he did?

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
He did - a white one. It looked as bad in reality as it does in the pictures. The wheels are too small and don't fill the arches while the body looks to have been painted in very thick, detail destroying white gloss paint. You know, the sort you use to paint skirting boards and window frames.

I'd say - and I am not being brand biased here - that the admittedly poor finish and shape of the ProSlot GT-One is better, or less bad to be more precise.

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Tell us what you really think, Scott!

Seriously... if it's that bad.... hmmm.... maybe Grah's next Reprotec challenge could be to make an R390 LOOK good!

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
One reprotech challenge is enough fergy ,someting easy next time like getting an airfix mini to lap a king track in 2 secs please

·
Registered
543 Posts
one thing good from reprotec: Fiat Abarth
granted the wheels could be a little less square, but after some fine tuning, they's a blast.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Well... I've had a couple of these Reprotec Nissans for a while, but only really just got around to looking at them properly.

A few brief notes:

1 Chassis - nice 'n' flat 'n' true. Has a replaceable motor pod as per ninco ie transmission is part of the chassis not the pod.

2 Axles - straight 'n' true.

3 Wheels and gears - Slot.it copies - very round 'n' true.

4 Tyres - unsuitable for my Carrera circuit
- V soft tho'.

5 Body - Almost vacform lightness, attaches straight 'n' true to the chassis (No trimming required for 'body float') - the screws have no thread at the top 2mm or so to aid this too.

6 Motor - characteristics = slot.it v12 25k.

Driving impressions:

OK so I swapped the tyres for some ortmanns
All else, out of the box. The car has good punch and would easily accept a more powerful motor. It changes direction very well, making it suitable for twistier tracks.

Timings:

As a benchmark, my fully tricked out fly porsche gt1 evo2rs with optimal motor (v12 29k) gearing, wheels and tyres, will lap my circuit in 6.15 seconds. With tyres swapped for Ortmanns, and all else standard, the r390 will lap at 6.35 seconds. The Nissan is one SERIOUSLY quick non-mag car, with a little further setup and development work, it should be comfortably into the 5 second bracket.

-Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts