SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,needing some help when during a race if a car crashes and is put back on the track and the brushes cause a tiny short
it ends the race on ssdc,The short is not enough to cause pb to overload but is to make the ssdc end the race,not good if your halfway through a 60 laper having to go and restart again.Is there something in the setup i can change ,any help would be great,we are running PBPRO SH, PITPRO and of course SSDC
cheers Darrin

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Hi Darrin,

What version of SSDC are you using and what firmware version do you have loaded in the PB-Pro?

If a short does not occur, does a de-slot still end the race?

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
sorry can not help but RS1800 BDA.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Darrin ........ do you have another PC that you can load the software on? Is your AUX cable damaged in anyway??

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Could you try running a car. Remove it from the track by hand then create a short with a screwdriver to try and simulate what happens with a car.

I am trying to find out if the PC has a fault which causes SSDC to interpret the short as end of race.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
OK ...... the next thing to try, if you can, is to identify where the "sensitivity" is coming from - your computer or PB-Pro.

Is it possible to substitute a different PC in? You would only need to load SSDC on to it and possibly FTDI drivers, if you have a USB AUX cable.

Greg

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
does it need to be a sh model to be able to make altereations to overload time and output.???

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Hi Ade,
Yes for bigger values but we need to find what is the cause of the problem otherwise we are only fixing the symptom.

Greg

·
Registered
13 Posts
cheers guys really want to sort this i'll try and find another pc to try
thanks Darrin
ps in saying that it has done this from the time i have had the upgrade 18 months or so,just throught it was some digital pain in the arse i had to deal with.love the whole thing apart from this

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
No this should not be happening ...... so it is important that we fathom this out.

What is interesting though, is that I do not recall any other users with this problem so you may have a first on your hands

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I think when I used V4 at my sons school fate last summer we had a few races randomly end but it was hetic so just restarted
and bluffed my way thru

Reading this thread now I bet it was due to the way the cars put back on as they were slot novices playing

Michael

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi all,
we race 2 nights a week and always the same team of 5 or 6 racers so everyone knows of the problem and try to be very careful resloting their cars and i mean very careful, but it only takes one little slip up and race over.Something is way to sensitive and makes the boys abit gun shy on reslots,Becomes hard to run longer races in the event of a short half way through and having to call the race result at that.
cheers Darrin

1 - 20 of 35 Posts