SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks, yes i'm a newbie so be gentle.

So on my quest to resurrect some of my old cars i realised that it's actually cheaper to buy restored cars rather than restore my own. For example a blue can raymond motor and rear axle assembly would set me back almost £30 non one particular site, waiting for such things on ebay can take forever.

Anyway i was looking at a vintage C16 Ferrari P4 and instead of the usual raymond motor i see something else, what on earth is it and where can i get one for my old cars? I'd much rather update mine than restore them.

Any info greatly received
s-l1600.jpg

·
Administrator
10,133 Posts
Surprisingly these are now fetching real money! It is the "Power and Glory" re-release with modern motor and traction magnet

·
Jim Moyes
5,056 Posts
That is the "Power & Glory" re-release of the Ferrari P4 (they also did the Ford 3L) from around 1992. The body and drivers platform is from the old 60s mould and they produced that motor/axle/magnet carrier to connect to the original mounts on the drivers platform, so that a modern Mabuchi motor could be fitted.

I've never tried it myself, and I've no idea where you would get the parts, but technically you could upgrade most of the 60s "tupperware" cars that way.

·
Administrator
10,133 Posts
I tried, wouldn't fit to a C17 but OK on Javelin and Electra. Magnet is pants though. Personally I like the way the originals drive as long as you get decent tyres on them (I use RUSC ones), the metal gearbox gives a much better centre of gravity

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aha that makes total sense. The cheeky monkeys are making out that it's a 60's vintage car not a re-release.

Shame they don't make that part of a kit, i could a whole new lease of life for old cars

Thanks for the info.

·
Administrator
10,133 Posts

·
Stranger Things 2
575 Posts
I found a P&G Ford 3 Litre quite cheap on Ebay AU many years ago, and I must say it runs very well on the track (magnet removed ofcourse).

The P&G Bentley and Alfa are rediculous money now, but were a viable alternative back when released (retail was about Aust $75.00, but you could find one cheaper with a hunt). Although the Bentley in any guise still gets around the track like a drunk elephant on iceskates.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts