SlotForum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Results Round 1 (01/09/2011).

Classic F1 (Scalextric Johnson Powered).

Driver Pts
1. Steve B 22
2. James 18
3. Jonathan 16
4. Graham P. 12
5. William 10
6. Trevor 7
7. Ian 6

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Round 2 (NINCO Rally Cars)

1, Steve B 22pts
2, James 22pts
3, Graham P 16pts
4, Will 11pts
5, Jonathan 9pts
6, Trevor 6pts
7, Ian 5pts

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Results Round 3 (Ninco Touring Cars).

Following our very successful start to the season with 1970's F1 we have now also raced Ninco Rally cars & Classic Ninco DTM Touring cars which gave us a chance to use the Alfa 155, C Klasse (Taxi ! ) Mercedes & the good old Calibra again.

Steve still seems to be taking it seriously this season and he's still leading the Championship from James - which hasn't happened for a long time !

Will it continue I wonder ?

Come next week and see what happens when we're racing Ninco GT cars !!!

Happy Racing in the meantime,

Graham P.

LAST NIGHTS RESULTS

1. Steve
2. James
3. Graham P.
4. Will
5. Jonathan
6. Ian
7. Trevor

CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS TABLE SO FAR AFTER 3 ROUNDS

1. Steve B 35.5
2. James 33.5
3. Graham P. 29
4. Jonathan 26
5. Will 26
6. Trevor 20
7. Ian 19

(NB - Best 25 from 37 rounds to count overall)

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ROUND 4 - NINCO GT Cars.

Last night saw the very welcome & surprise return of Warren !!!

Now, has he been practicing or is he just naturally good as he still managed to come joint 3rd with a borrowed car and not having raced for 18 months !

Steve was flying as normal & with James on holiday the "usual" win came as expected, but with Warren now back on the scene he had better watch out.

Next week it's SCX Touring Cars.

See you then !

Graham P.

LAST NIGHTS RESULTS

1 Steve
2 Will
3= Warren
3= Graham P.
5= Dave
5= Ian
7 Trevor
8 Jonathan

CHAMPIONSHIP Points TABLE SO FAR AFTER 4 ROUNDS

1. Steve B 47.5
2. Graham P. 38.5
3. Will 37
4. James 33.5
5. Jonathan 31
6. Ian 26.5
7. Trevor 26
8. Warren 9.5
9. Dave 7.5

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ROUND 5 - 2011/12 SEASON

Accord or Megane…………….that is the question !

Well, on the night the Accord won as Warren had dug out his old cars and James used the old faithful one - but Will in the Megane and Steve in the Accord were close behind !!

This week's surprise visitor was Sam - Steve's son - will he be back I wonder….

Next week it's Open night - or Classic F1 as Ian was heard to mis-pronounce it on more than one occasion !!!

Up to you then - bring what you like & we'll race it somehow.

See you then !

Graham P.

LAST NIGHT'S RESULTS

1 James
2 Warren
3= Will
3= Steve
5 Dave
6 Graham P.
7 Ian
8 Jonathan
9 Sam

CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE SO FAR AFTER 5 ROUNDS

1. Steve B 57
2. Will 46.5
3= Graham P 45.5
3= James 45.5
5 Jonathan 36
6 Ian 32.5
7 Trevor 26
8 Warren 20.5
9 Dave 15.5
10 Sam Beach 4

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
ROUND 6 - 2011/12 SEASON

SCX Rally Cars.

Last night was the first time for racing these as a Championship class and if you didn't race a Citroen you could tell which was your car without a problem !

Warren continues to find his form - I had hoped that it would take him a few weeks to remember how good he is, but unfortunately for everyone else it's only taken him a few hours !!

Never mind, it's all good fun - Dave did better than me with my car - but does that mean I can have his points as well then ?

Whatever, I'm sure that the next time we race them it will be a grid full of Skoda's as James' one was flying.

Thanks to Les by the way for building us a TV Tower - very nice & very much appreciated !

Next week it's Rally Raid, hope to see you all then.

Graham P.

LAST NIGHT'S RESULTS

1 Warren 22
2 James 20
3 Steve 18
4 Dave 15
5 Will 12
6= Graham P. 10
6= Ian 10
8= Jonathan 5
8= Trevor 5

CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE SO FAR AFTER 6 ROUNDS

1. Steve B 67
2. James 56.5
3 Will 54.5
4 Graham P 52
5 Jonathan 40.5
6 Ian 39
7 Warren 32.5
8 Trevor 30.5
9 Dave 24.5
10 Sam Beach 4

(NB - Best 25 from 37 rounds (excluding Open Nights) to count overall)

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ROUND 7 - 2011/12 SEASON

Ninco Rally Raid - bet there aren't many clubs out there that race these then !!!!

All good stuff - totally different style of driving required - and immense fun with it.

Steve, Warren & James seemed to be on another level compared to the rest of us, but with the ability to drop your worst scores then if it all went wrong tonight it doesn't really matter.

Next week it's Narrow Tyre classics, when we hope to see Phil again as he should be on holiday that week !

Graham P.

LAST THURSDAY NIGHT'S RESULTS

1 Steve 24
2 Warren 20
3 James 18
4 Ian 9
5 Will 8
6= Graham P. 6
6= Dave 6

CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE SO FAR AFTER 6 ROUNDS

1. Steve B 79
2. James 66.5
3 Will 62.5
4 Graham P 58.5
5 Ian 48
6 Warren 43.5
7 Jonathan 40.5
8 Dave 31
9 Trevor 30.5
10 Sam Beach 4

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ROUND 8 - 2011/12 SEASON

This week it was "Narrow Tyre Classics" - by which we mean Ninco Jaguar XK120, Ferrari 166, Austin Healey etc but with SCX RX-4 or NC-1 power which is how we used to race them in the good old days at the Harry Mitchell Centre.

Whilst Ian & Warren were absent we welcomed Phil & Edward back for a rare appearance - it was nice to see you, to see you, NICE as Mr Forsyth would say !!!!

Some very good & close racing was seen last night with the lead changing hands MANY times in some races - especially when it was announced by the race controller that I was leading !!!

Next week it's "Wide Tyre Classics" which equates to FLY 512's, Lola T70's & 917K's mainly but before that it's the Senna Trophy on Sunday.

Hope to see you then !

Graham P.

LAST NIGHT'S RESULTS

1 James 24
2 Steve 20
3 Will 18
4 Graham P 16
5 Dave 14
6 Edward 10
7= Trevor 5
7= Phil 5
7= Jonathan 5

CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE SO FAR AFTER 8 ROUNDS

1. Steve B 90
2. James 78.5
3 Will 72.5
4 Graham P 67.5
5 Ian 48
6 Jonathan 45.5
7 Warren 43.5
8 Dave 39
9 Trevor 35.5
10 Edward Beach 7
11 Phil 5
12 Sam Beach 4

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ROUND 9 WIDE TYRE CLASSICS

This week it was mainly FLY cars which cover the Ferrari 512 in both long & short tail versions, the Lola T70, Porsche 917K, Porsche 908 and all the cheese wedge cars as well !

Putting a Ninco springy guide into the Lola & 917K really transforms their handling - but you will have to enlarge the hole in the chassis very slightly first or you will risk splitting it.

Ninco 80509 tyres or the older F1 rear tyres make useful replacements for the original FLY tyres which seem to magically perish in front of your eyes sometimes - look out for the very wet appearance & then change them before they go rock hard !!!

Mr Beach was somewhat off-form this week which paved the way for several others racers to therefore move one place up the grid.

Nevertheless the night still provided some great battles on the track - whilst this class would now be expensive to buy to race brand new, as we used to race these cars in the good old days at Harry Mitchell Centre most of us still have them and have spares to also lend out to the newer members.

So, after 8 heats the results were as follows :

1/ James 24
2/ Will 20
3/ Graham P 14
4/ Ian 13
5/ Dave 12
6/ Jonathan 10
7/ Steve B 7
8/ Trevor 4

And after feeding those results into the "running totals to date" league standings are now as follows :

1/ Steve B 96
2/ James 90.5
3/ Will 83.5
4/ Graham P 77.5
5/ Ian 57
6/ Jonathan 52.5
7/ Dave 47
8/ Warren 43.5
9/ Trevor 40.5
10/ Edward B 7
11/ Phil 5
12/ Sam B 4

Next week it's classic SCX F1/87's McLaren's & Jordan's etc with RX-4 power.
Hope to see you then,
Graham P.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
A few pictures from the Wide Tyre Classics race night.

The pack enters the esses.

Michael Delaney salutes the Ferrari Team in time honoured fashion.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ROUND 10 - 2011/12 SEASON

This week we had the surprise return of Jake - with hopefully Terry coming back next week also.

Good job it was a class that he had raced before then - SCX F1/87's etc - might explain why he didn't do too bad then !

Ian was on holiday so good job it wasn't 70's F1 then too - would he have come back mid holiday to race I wondered ?

("Probably" said everyone else) !!!!!

Anyway, it's been a while since we've raced these & the usual tyre clashing went on in many races with Warren being more of a victim than usual - but I'm sure it will be someone else who gets taken off loads of times next time we race these mate !

Trouble is it's so hard to avoid this at times as the cars are so wide & the classic track is so narrow - you really do have to hang back in the corners and pick your place to overtake - which is very much like the real world of F1 racing then I guess - so how much more realism could you want from a Slot Car race then ?

Other than that you just wait for the car in front to come off and pass then - especially true if it's me you are following at the time !

All in all it was a very entertaining night and next week the pressure is off as it's a non championship night where the Transits & Minis will be making a re-appearance.

So, hopefully see you then.

Graham P.

LAST NIGHT'S RESULTS

1/ Steve 22
2/ James 20
3/ Warren 18
4/ Graham P 15
5/ Will 14
6/ Dave 9
7/ Jake 8
8/ Jonathan 7
9/ Trevor 4

CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE SO FAR AFTER 10 ROUNDS

1/ Steve B 108
2/ James 101.5
3/ Will 91.5
4/ Graham P 86.5
5/ Jonathan 57.5
6/ Ian 57
7/ Dave 54
8/ Warren 53.5
9/ Trevor 44.5
10/ Edward 7
11/ Jake 6
12/ Phil 5
13/ Sam 4

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
OPEN NIGHT

With several members not attending it was fairly quiet in the club room last night - apart from Ian's frequent shouts from the pain to do with his bad back !!!

Anyway, it was very nice to see Terry return and I'm sure that he, along with everyone else, thoroughly enjoyed the Transit Van racing followed by the Minis.

Enthusiasm for Ian's proposed mini "Classic F1" racing series next year involving several local clubs was running at a high so we hope to be able to bring you exiting news in respect of this in the coming weeks.

Right, next week it's Ninco NC-2 powered DTM Mercedes etc.

Hope to see you then,

Graham P

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
ROUND 11 - 2011/12 SEASON Ninco DTM cars

This week it was the 2nd generation Ninco DTM cars - which roughly translated to the various repaints of the good old Mercedes NC-2 powered DTM car.

So, with these, they are all the same so you are either on the pace or not basically.

The results probably speak for themselves - with better luck next time being the most appropriate phrase to say to everyone bar James & Steve !

Never mind, next week it's 90's Hornby BTCC - a real blast from the past - I even have an original "stolen & recovered" Laguna from the good old days when we were Phoenix in the hut !!!

So, roll on next week when the cars will probably be rolling all over the place too as they are a bit narrow & tall compared to Ninco etc - basic stipulations are box standard, original easifit guide, original Hornby large tyres on the back & small tyres on the front with gentle sanding allowed only ie no rubber band tyres please !

Oh, and you can leave the magnet in as well - but only the standard weak brown one.

Cheers,

Graham P.

LAST NIGHT'S RESULTS

1/ James 24
2/ Steve 22
3/ Dave 13
4/ Graham P 10
5/ Jonathan 9
6/ Ian 8
7/ Jake 5

CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE SO FAR AFTER 11 ROUNDS

1/ Steve B 119
2/ James 113.5
3/ Graham P 95.5
4/ Will 91.5
5/ Jonathan 65.5
6/ =Ian 64
6/ =Dave 64
8/ Warren 53.5
9/ Trevor 44.5
10/ Jake 12
11/ Edward 7
12/ Phil 5
13/ Sam 4

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ROUND 12 - 2011/12 SEASON

This week it was 90's Hornby BTCC - we had a good turnout and it was a real blast from the past with all those old Laguna's, Mondeo's, and Vectra's etc running around the track and suddenly veering off for no reason at all in the corners & on the straights - even James managed to throw it against the wall in the middle of a bend at full throttle - and no one knows why !!!

That was fun to say the least - but even more fun was the atmosphere on the night with all the humorous banter that originated from Phil & myself regarding the Dick Johnson Mondeo's that we were both running.

I reckon last night was one of the best ever all round club nights for entertainment value & Scalextric racing we have ever had - and yet it was with another "forgotten" class from the past.

I wonder what else is lurking out there that we have all forgotten about ?

Maybe it's time for a Scalextric Porsche 962 night next year ?

I will have to start building them in readiness !

Anyway, amongst all of the racing chaos a clear winner did emerge in James, but closely behind was Dave with Terry also doing well on the night too.

So, it's nearly Xmas and next week we are racing Hornby & Pioneer USA Muscle cars so Camaro's, Corvette's & Mustang's are the order of the day for this one.

The following week my Transit vans will be making an appearance and they will also be delivering the "annual" mince pies as it will be the final week before Xmas for us.

Cheers,

Graham P.

LAST NIGHT'S RESULTS

1/ James 24
2/ Dave 18
3/ Steve 15
4/ Terry 15
5/ Graham P 14
6/ Ian 11
7/ Phil 8
8/ Jake 6
9/ Jonathan 6

CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE SO FAR AFTER 12 ROUNDS

1/ Steve B 128.5
2/ James 125.5
3/ Graham P 103.5
4/ Will 91.5
5/ Dave 75
6/ Ian 71
7/ Jonathan 70
8/ Warren 53.5
9/ Trevor 44.5
10/ Jake 16.5
11/ Phil 11
12/ Terry 9.5
13/ Edward 7
14/ Sam 4

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
ROUND 13 USA MUSCLE CARS

Apologies for the delay in this write up appearing - we've got BIG computer problems at work so I'm having to do this at home on Saturday as I was unable to do it Friday as I normally would have.

Anyway, this week was an unusually low turnout - guess the others have got the coughing virus thing that seems to be doing the rounds - but we still had a good time racing the Hornby & Pioneer Camaros & Corvettes etc along with a rogue SCX Plymouth to test the water as to how good it was against the Hornby stuff.

Well, if the results are to go by Steve & James were in a league of their own and with James unable to catch Steve on the night - looks like the Plymouth is just too good compared to the Hornby stuff - which is probably what you would expect on paper, but unless you try it you don't know for certain.

(I know a way to reign in Steve - lend him one of my cars - he'll be 100% guaranteed to not win then) !

Will was having car troubles which we eventually solved and I was all over the place as usual - but I reckon mine was the best looking car on the track - you just can't beat an orange car !

(But sadly in reality you can when I'm driving it said Steve) !!!

This week also saw the "official" launch via Slot Forum of the rules & regulations for Ian's forthcoming Classic F1 Championship with a "testing" day booked for Sunday 19 February 2012 at our club.

This should be a superb event with room for a bit of car prep/modifying and/or scratch-building for those who wish to go that far.

Watch this space - as well as on Slot Forum - for more on this race series as & when the individual heat dates & locations are announced.

Right, moving swiftly on then - next week it's the last round of the year for us and it's my Transit van conversions that we'll be using so that we end the year hopefully on a high but definitely in a light hearted way !

The customary mince pies will also be present so hope to see you all then.

Graham P.

THURSDAY NIGHT'S RESULTS

1/ Steve 24
2/ James 22
=3/ Graham P 10
=3/Jonathan 10
=3/ Dave 10
6/ Ian 9
7/Will 6

And after feeding those results into the "running totals to date" league standings are now as follows - but don't forget that most racers have competed in differing numbers of races at present - hence some may appear to be doing better than others so far.

1/ Steve B 140.5
2/ James 136.5
3/ Graham P 112.5
4/ Will 97.5
5/ Dave 84
6/ Jonathan 79
7/ Ian 78
8/ Warren 53.5
9/ Trevor 44.5
10/ Jake 16.5
11/ Phil 11
12/ Terry 9.5
13/ Edward 7
14/ Sam 4

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ROUND 14 - 2011/12 SEASON

Seasons Greetings !

Imagine racing a class whereby individual car preparation is not allowed, everyone races the same car on each lane and the cars are also not state of the art racing replicas like modern Ninco etc cars are…………..now that's going to be a good leveller isn't it ? …………………..So, let me introduce my Transit van conversions then !!!

Think more "Whacky Races" than "Ninco World Cup" if you want an idea of how the evening's racing turned out - very enjoyable, very unpredictable and very varied results once you got the hang of overcoming the higher centre of gravity than normal !

With it also being a Championship Round then those who could master the vans could also gain some valuable Championship points before the Xmas break too.

So, after 8 heats and much merriment the results came out as Dave doing "better than expected" and Steve doing "worse than expected" - although he will say he wasn't trying - especially at the point where he managed to take me out from miles away just before the bridge ! (Cheating %^&^^$&$&$& - good job I know him) !!!

(Probably makes up for all the times I've unintentionally taken him out though if I am honest - never mind, it's all good fun with no harm meant - honest) !!!

It was also good to see Phil using his last day's holiday wisely by taking it to coincide with our last race of the year too - nice one mate !

So, 2012 brings us Classic F1 racing again in the first week of January, so until then "Merry Xmas" everyone !

Cheers,

Graham P.

LAST NIGHT'S RESULTS

1/ James 20
2/ =Dave 18
2/ =Will 18
4/ =Steve 13
4/ =Graham P 13
6/ Ian 9
7/ Jonathan 7
8/ Phil 6

CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE SO FAR AFTER 14 ROUNDS

1/ Steve B 149
2/ James 148.5
3/ Graham P 121
4/ Will 108
5/ Dave 94.5
6/ Ian 85
7/ Jonathan 85
8/ Warren 53.5
9/ Trevor 44.5
10/ Jake 16.5
11/ Phil 16
12/ Terry 9.5
13/ Edward 7
14/ Sam 4

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
5 JANUARY 2012

Greetings - our first week back was very subdued if I am honest having learnt that Ian's mother had sadly passed away on Xmas Eve and as he was attending her funeral this meant that Ian was not able to come to the club night and which is his favourite class also being 1970's F1.

Steve did not surface also as he has had pneumonia and so we were also down on numbers as well, although Owen from Oaklands did come so that he could join in the racing and see how his "prepared for Oaklands" Shadow would fair on our track.

It was suggested by Dave that we run the night as an Open Night (ie Non Championship round) as a goodwill gesture to Ian and everyone agreed that that was a good idea and so we did that.

It will be rescheduled for the next Open Night which is February 9 for the record.

This week it's Ninco Rally Cars and we hope to see Steve & Ian back again as it just wasn't the same without two of our most popular members being present on the night.

Cheers,

Graham P.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
NINCO RALLY CARS - Round 15 Results.

1/ James 24
2=/Graham P 18
2=/Will 18
4/Dave 12
5/ Ian 9
6/ Jonathan 6
7/Paul P 4

And after feeding those results into the "running totals to date" league standings are now as follows - but don't forget that most racers have competed in differing numbers of races at present - hence some may appear to be doing better than others so far.

1/ James 160.5
2/ Steve B 149
3/ Graham P 131.5
4/ Will 118.5
5/ Dave 103.5
6/Ian 93
7/ Jonathan 92
8/ Warren 53.5
9/ Trevor 44.5
10/ Jake 16.5
11/ Phil 16
12/ Terry 9.5