SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Jim Moyes
5,069 Posts
Nice review Swiss,

I spotted those Impact cars on the way to the AutoArt stand but time was against us.

I have not yet seen anybody mention the plain white Revell Daytona complete bodykit hiding at the back of their display. The old Tiger packaging was very nostalgic, unfortunately we won't get that in Europe, as apparently it will be used solely on the US Monogram products. I'll also mention, once again, that the E-type pictures are of a 1:1 low drag coupe and not a lightweight.

Mr.M

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Great Report Swiss.

Nice to see a lot more 1/32nd Kits being produced once again, even if some are re issues.

The Impact suff looks interesting, hope they sell the bodies as an individual item!.

Regards

Alan

PS That Corvette is ugly!.....but I am drawn to it!....Heaven forbid.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Ah! The Greenwood Corvette, one of my favourite cars!

Larry Shephard made an absolutely superb vacuum-formed body of this car for me a couple of years ago, for my 2000 Marconi Foundation proxy race entry. Apologies for the poor quality of the photo, which does Larry's beautiful workmanship absolutely no justice whatsoever:-

I entered the car in the "Le Mans" class of the Marconi race as I wanted something different to the inevitable sports-prototype Ferrari's and Porsche's, and it had to be wide! Quick research revealed that the 1976 Le Mans event included a class for IMSA cars and John Greenwood had entered the really wild looking "Batmobile" Corvette. Further research revealed that the car used 28" x 17-15 rear tyres, had a track of 64.2" and was all of 82" in width! That's a scale width of 2.56 inches!

The chassis design borrows ideas from DVR's Eurosport "Missile", which was dominating top-end 1/32 Eurosport racing in the USA at the time. The motor is a Camen set-up with cobalt magnets and the armature was specially wound for "low power", with 80 turns of 31 gauge on a .512 inch stack, with 5 degree commutator timing advance. As I recall, the car TQ'd, but was a bit of a handful on the Revell track with mandatory Parma 45 ohm controllers...

I believe that Revell will be doing the "Spirit of Le Mans '76" Corvette, which has a different rear wing arrangement to the Sebring and Riverside cars (and not fitted to the 'vac body pictured), as a limited edition.

As for the Revell Porsche 935 static kit... The MRRC Cobra borrowed the body from the Monogram static kit, I wonder if the recently announced MRRC Porsche 935 uses the Revell body?

Hopefully I can get more to show you over the weekend and am also pretty sure I have a special Group 5 car livery coming to let you see.

Please don't keep us in suspense!

Kind regards

Russell

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Fast Lucky - The Group 5 BMW 320 was 1/24 scale unfortunately but I guess you never know! Time will tell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts