SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a revell Audi Quattro S1 No.4 - 1000 Lakes 1985 it is not good on the track as soon as you hit a corner it's off have sort of found the problem tyres have put on some low profile tyres and its much better but would like to rewheel any thoughts please as i understand revell stock is not standard sizes axle wise could this be got around as in a straight line car is great and my fav rally car

·
Registered
600 Posts
All I have done to mine is to add some weight, swap out the Revell guide for a Ninco sprung one, then true and sand the tyres - makes a big difference, but, more could be done.

I have heard of people using the wheels and tyres from the Fly audi's, reducing the gearing would also help. use the whole Fly axle and bearings if you can get them. I haven't done this to mine yet, but, I am thinking of adding more weight either side of the chassis on the underside.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have built two up for friends, one with a slot.it hrs chassis, which didn't fit easily, but that's another story.

The one that i worked on without lobotomising had 3 badly out of round wheels, and very loose bushes. the guide didn't go into the slot very easily either. These cars have a high cg so some weight down low will also help.

·
Registered
834 Posts
to do it any justice(as the legend that the car is) you need to gut it of its horrible Rev-o-gram mechanicals. I used Ninco Pro 4WD pulleys on Slot.it axles & gears, SlotCarCorner CBD 5-spoke wheels(painted white), & the Ninco spring guide. much better, but the stock FLY Quattro runs better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
IN slotadictos, people use to change the chassis for one of a porsche 911 by Ninco. the solution was adapted the body to the 911`s chassis cutting the body`s lugs. then you put the lugs screwed into the chassis, paste the up to the body by superglue and waiting until the union are dry. the rest consist in using calibrate materials to mecanize the car

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
The SCX/old Scalextric Quattro or RS200 wheels and tires help several ways. One is they are smaller diameter, so they lower the guide into the slot. I think I may have still used a shim on the guide shaft also? The smaller diameter tires also help the gear ratio, as the Revell motors are quite high revving and need a lower gear. Using the built in pulleys for AWD is just a bonus. Here is a pic, not my car but shows the conversion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts