Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, This is another conversion for those without massive modeling skills. The body is the Revell Easykit Countach and the chassis is made up from copper sided circuit board and various diameter brass tubing. This car behaves every bit as well as a RTR model and with a few hours careful planning and modeling you can custom build a low cost car to your own spec.

Lambourghini Countach Conversion

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Nice!

I've seen one of these kits for sale well actually a double kit with the Lambo and a Viper in one box and wondered at their slot conversion potential. I thought being a snap-together kit the detail might not be up to much but it looks a good body.

" couple of weeks to cure and harden especially in the current hot weather conditions "

Err... thanks for that
Currently (in the UK) I can't spray because it's too cold outside and the paint will turn white!

Coop

·
Registered
545 Posts
Wix,

Looks great! I'm really intersted in the chassis. What type of store carries the copper sided circuit board. I assume computer stores?

Jay

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi GuysIt's been about 32 C where I live and acrylic paint dries pretty quick if your lucky. Thing is to get a good even coat before it starts to go off or you get a thick coat that stays soft fot months!

I'm toying witht the idea of upgrading the wheels. I have the original inserts that came with the kit and was thinking of getting some BWA's and fitting the inserts to them.

The copper sided board was a clearance lot from the local electronics hobby store. It was Au$9.00 for a 300mm sqaure board but the smaller sizes were a bit dearer !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts