SlotForum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just picked up one of the triple packs with 3 DTM cars in it from Woolworths for £15 reduced from £20.

A bit of a bargain seeing as you can get 3 cars which could easily be turned into slot cars.

Alan

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi there alan. I saw those cars in the shops before christmas and thought they wood be good for turning into scalextric cars. Which 3 dtm cars are they. Do you have any pictures.

Thanks it66

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya,

You can see the 3 cars I have built up below:

I have made the Audi TT up into a working slot car...well it moves and that's good enough for me! LOL They are very easy to convert into a slot car.

I am going to convert the other 2 as well, then when they are all done, they should be good to run against each other.

Alan

·
Registered
82 Posts
Pls post pics / method of converting the chassis to a slot car.

The guide post can be drilled but must then be built up in height. I need to find something suitable.

The guide hole can be marked out similar to another chassis. Dremel this out carefully.

The sidewinder motor will fit, but the slot version of this chassis has a larger recess on the one side to allow for the spur gear. This will slightly tricky, but not impossible.

From what I see on my work-bench, the body posts are in the correct places, so could just be drilled out. Easy'ish.

Is there anything else ?

T

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
GSR magazine this month shows how to mount those on a Slot.It HRS chassis.

I am also running a 'build it and race' series for these cars with PCS32 chassis, these chassis are not nornally designed for this type of car but for kids they are perfect, not too fast but balanced and easy to work on.

·
Alan Paterson
835 Posts
Hi Guys,
Trev, I dropped the Vodaphone Merc straight onto a Ninco Merc chassis, with new posts for the chassis, and it's a bomb...
Of course the HRS will work perfectly as well..
Why battle away with it's onw chassis??

Chow

Al

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hiya,

I've not got any pics of what I have done with the inside of the car yet as I have really only put it together to make it run and will get it running properly when I get the time.

I just used my Dremel to make room for the guide and the rear axle was taken from an old F1 car and cut to size with the original Revell wheels and tires glued on. The the motor was taped into place!!

Not exactly elegent at all but it does what I wanted it to do for now...I will shortly glue in the motor and put the axle through some bearings and get it running properly.

I enjoy making my own chassis rather than just buying one as I feel I have accomplished more and get a lot of satisfaction out of it.

Does anyone know what tyres would fit the original wheels?

·
Registered
114 Posts
QUOTE (Swissracer @ 17 Jan 2005, 12:22)GSR magazine this month shows how to mount those on a Slot.It HRS chassis.

Can you tell me which issue NO this will be and were can i get it.....
Thanks alot !!
Zubi

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
The latest issue number is 41.

Subscription can be done by email to [email protected] or fax: +34 93 805 5057

Rates are yearly and for 6 issues with fees being:

Spain: €69.95
Countries with Distribution: €69.95
All others: €99.95

Distribution list available online at gsr.anota.net

If you have problems with any distributors supplying you, go to GSR direct is my advise.

The magazine is published in dual language format - Spanish and English but watch for maybe German this year at least.

Subscription includes a car each year with last years being a custom livery GSR MRRC Toyota and this years being a custom livery Proteus Lambourghini Murciélago.

·
Registered
114 Posts
QUOTE (Swissracer @ 18 Jan 2005, 10:52)The latest issue number is 41.

Subscription can be done by email to [email protected] or fax: +34 93 805 5057

Rates are yearly and for 6 issues with fees being:

Spain: €69.95
Countries with Distribution: €69.95
All others: €99.95

Distribution list available online at gsr.anota.net

If you have problems with any distributors supplying you, go to GSR direct is my advise.

The magazine is published in dual language format - Spanish and English but watch for maybe German this year at least.

Subscription includes a car each year with last years being a custom livery GSR MRRC Toyota and this years being a custom livery Proteus Lambourghini Murciélago.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok subscription is made !!!
Thanks for the info !!
Greetings from Zürich
Zubi

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi all, I just baught the triple pack. It took me a while to find a woolworths in edinburgh. Anyway does any one know of places that sell the other easy fit 1/32 models bacause I wood quite like the red bull audi tt. Any informtion would be great.

Thanks it66

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
This seem to be a perfect way to make a monotyped chassies class with Slot-It's HRS RTR.
And what I've heard there's one such group raced in England, true?

VroooHRSoooom!
/Erik

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (it66 @ 22 Jan 2005, 18:11)Hi all, I just baught the triple pack. It took me a while to find a woolworths in edinburgh. Anyway does any one know of places that sell the other easy fit 1/32 models bacause I wood quite like the red bull audi tt. Any informtion would be great.

Thanks it66
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good luck with making them into slots...post up any pics you have of them and drop me a line if you need any help with them.

Alan

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks alan1302

It might be a while because mostly all my scalextric is at home in aberdeen and I have got a good 8 weeks left at uni in edinburgh. It will be a good project over easter though.

It66

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
QUOTE (it66 @ 22 Jan 2005, 18:11)Hi all, I just baught the triple pack. It took me a while to find a woolworths in edinburgh. Anyway does any one know of places that sell the other easy fit 1/32 models bacause I wood quite like the red bull audi tt. Any informtion would be great.

Thanks it66
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pendle have them for 7.99 each http://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/

HTH
Coop

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi there again. Another question. Does any one know where to get the 2003 3 pack box set. I see it on ebay but they are all being sold in germany. Was that set only released there?. It has the same cars as the 2002 set but with the 2003 liveries.

Thanks it66

·
Alan Paterson
835 Posts
Hi,

I've just bought the 2003 version which includes the S Line TT, the Light Blue Service Fit 24 Hour Merc and the Red TV Today Opel..

I have 9 of them now, pretty much the best part of the field, which I'm slowly converting into cars for my RPO X track.. Going to run 4 to 6 Ghost cars, and then charge from the back of the grid and see if I can pass them all....

Regards

Al

1 - 19 of 19 Posts