Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is now on SlotForum - HERE..

Cheers

Swiss'

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Swiss,

Browsed these in my local hobby shop the other day, decided to try one & purchased the yellow TT.

The only thing, made the mistake of looking at the black Merc first. Definately agree with your review, it does have the worst paint livery - the chrome effect just isn't reproduced (especially after being spoiled by Scalextric's effort) that well.

But for £8 can't really complain, the other liveries look better, as any design flaws are harder to spot.

They are nice though (great details - the wheels, for instance) and for track scenery or slotcar conversions, excellent idea.

Thank you for the review, I had wondered what chassis these things will fit.

Jamie.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Great job. Seems like you've bought the whole lot.

I bought the yellow TT yesterday.

It brought me several thoughts :

- Initially, I would have preferred decals but I have to admit that the tampoo printing is really excellent. So, it promises a lot on Revell's part if they increase their involvement in the slot market.

- the kit doesn't have a full interior : does it mean that it really begs for a slot adaptation or that it was definitely produced with slot racing in mind ? (I would answer YES, with an added attention given to kids to increase the target public)

- Revell should try to produce cars that are otherwise unavailable. I'm especially thinking about the Ferrari 550 Maranello and the 360 Modena. They would be a hit. Think about the price of a resin kit and then there's the painting job to be done ... Here you would have a full pro-liveried car for the quarter of the price ... They would sell like pancakes ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts