SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here they are, under scrutineering..

First off I have to say the quality and scale are great!
The options available are this..

This is what you get for your money and even as a static display they are a good purchase. But I reckon conversion to Slot cars is where these babies are really going to shine out and don't forget the relivery options!..

To me this represents amazing value, considering how close they are to the RTRs they copy. You get no driver but the glass IS clear although it does not look like it on the boxes..

Now they are not perfect, they don't all fit the chassis of their RTR slot counterparts as you will see below..

Ninco Audi V Revell..
Chassis - Ninco - NO too short
Chassis - SCX - Yes

SCX Audi V Revell..
Chassis - Ninco - NO too short
Chassis - SCX - Yes

SCX Opel V Revell..
Chassis - Ninco and Scalextric - NO too short
Chassis - SCX - Yes

Scalextric Opel V Revell..
Chassis - Ninco and Scalextric - NO too short
Chassis - SCX - Yes

Scalextric Merc V Revell..
Chassis - Scalextric - Yes
Chassis - SCX - Yes.
This is maybe the worst version comparison wise and it is very interesting to note the large number and degree of variance here (note the sliver V metallic dark grey of the banding - different car? I think it isn't meant to be)

Scalextric Merc V Revell..
Chassis - Scalextric - Yes
Chassis - SCX - Yes

NOW - Here is something to mull over..

There are a fair few folk around who would LOVE to try a TSRF chassis but feel the price on top of an RTR makes it too high (assuming they also prefer not to have lexan bodies)

Considering these kits come out at around €12 they make an excellent choice for your first trip to performance chassis land

They look like they are going to prove a really good fit on all the cars, with some usual trimming of the chassis..

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm not surprised the ninco audi doesn't match up, as the shells are still based on the 2000 DTM TT-R which was much shorter than the one used in subsequent years. Audi got a rules-break that allowed them to stretch the wheelbase and bootlid roughly a foot so the car would be more competitive with the CLKs and Astra.

Does the Revell Audi shell fit either of the hornby chassis? Just because that's what I've got lying about...

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I just bought the yellow TT yesterday since the livery isn't otherwise available.

I notice that the SCX chassis is generally the one that will fit. Does it mean that they did a better job than Scalextric or Ninco (I'm especially thinking about the Opel here ...)

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I'm quite - completely ! - new to scratch building.

Of course, the mounting posts of the Revell body don't match those of SCX.

Why should I do ? Move the mounting posts on the Revell body or drill new holes in the SCX chassis ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts