Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got one today. looks good. mid-front mounting for the motor, which is just wrong. but, suppose room must be made for the magnet.

on the track. 72 ft scalex classic. road course with twelve ft longest straight on a ten by sixteen ft table.

scuff sand the tires, oil the car. 4.8 second laps. lap after lap. amazing.

Scalex MG Lola does 5.3 seconds.
Newest Scalex Renault F1 can do 4.8. not consistently.

looking forward to magnet removal and NC1 motor. think this car will work very well without magnet.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Those Porsche are very pretty ... but I had a lot of work to do to enjoy them magnetless : way too much play between the bushings and the axles so the cars were just hoping around the track
. Once the play was removed, I swapped the following parts :
- Ninco NC1 motors
- Ninco guide with active suspension
- Ninco Classic tires
Now I can really enjoy driving those 2 Spyders ... even if the Ninco Speedster 356 is faster.

Here are some shots :

The last 3 shots show you why the n°47 is a better runner than the n°15 (maybe this is not the case with the magnets)

Fred

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Those cars look great, I particularly like the Avus version with rear wheel spats and streamlined front end.

The picture Revell were showing of the Avus car was this one...

but this car has a full wrap around windscreen, is this the car they modelled? or is it a different version?

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
You know, I don't think modern F1 models get this sort of shape scrutiny - and I doubt they'd stand up to it anyway - so why these older cars? Passion I guess, but still.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the pictures and the review. Now if you will excuse me I need to run down to my local hobby shop and buy one of each plus a couple of NC-1 motors.

Tdaddy

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
QUOTE scuff sand the tires, oil the car. 4.8 second laps. lap after lap. amazing.

Scalex MG Lola does 5.3 seconds.
Newest Scalex Renault F1 can do 4.8. not consistently.
Now,what's wrong with THAT picture.

Looks like Flavio and Co. have been squandering a whole lot of $$$$$,when they could just get a clapped out 50s Banger and beat Micheal.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Not wanting to be picky, but the driver seems to be sitting a little too high in his seat when compared to the historical photograph.

Nice car though.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Perhaps there's something under his pants that's provoking that rather startled expression.

But I think it looks great, and one of the things that I like about a new car is potential for customising. Buy one. Fix that driver, ream out those intakes if you want, etc etc. Make it look the way you want it to!

·
Registered
339 Posts
"But I think it looks great, and one of the things that I like about a new car is potential for customising. Buy one. Fix that driver, ream out those intakes if you want, etc etc. Make it look the way you want it to!"

I agree. One could even raise the magnet with a shim to slow it down some.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts